Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran has reached a tentative agreement!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. I'm sure there will always be room for career gear-slingers who are too afraid or too lazy to advance in their career. Maybe the CA will hold your hand. :laugh:

I'm laughing in advance about the list you'll quickly find yourself on at Southwest, and the wonderful treatment you'll receive.:laugh:

No problem. I'm sure there will always be room for career gear-slingers who are too afraid or too lazy to advance in their career. Maybe the CA will hold your hand. :laugh:
Nevermind.

Well, yes, as a matter of fact, ego does play a part. Maybe you're happy spending your entire career in the right seat letting the CA make all the hard decisions, and I guess that's fine if all you're interested in is money. But I want both, the money I deserve and command. I didn't work my butt off all those years just to be a career gear-slinger.

But to each, his own, I suppose.

Command? Is this really command to you? Really? That about as believable as taking a dump and calling yourself a submarine squadron commander. You're an airline pilot, dude...it's all completely spoonfed...it aint rocket science. It's getting paid to fly and not work...still the best job in the world, but command? As Keyshawn would say, "aw, c'mon man!"

Command? Is this really command to you? Really? That about as believable as taking a dump and calling yourself a submarine squadron commander. You're an airline pilot, dude...it's all completely spoonfed...it aint rocket science. It's getting paid to fly and not work...still the best job in the world, but command? As Keyshawn would say, "aw, c'mon man!"
Afraid of a little responsibility? Okay. Don't worry, the gate agent will tell you what to do at the gate, and the dispatcher will be there for you after pushback. But don't start complaining on here about the company not respecting captain's authority. It's kind of a moot point when you don't even want to be a capt.

Moderator hat off:

First, Gup is a stand-up guy. He's been on the forum a LONG time, and I, for one, will enjoy getting the chance to fly with him. Can't say the same thing about ALL the SWA people on here, there's always a select few, on BOTH sides of the fence, that you'll bid around, but you're barking up the wrong tree with Gup. YMMV.

As far as information, had a private chat with Linden briefly today (they're concerned about my analysis I plan on doing). He and Doughboy and a couple other NC peeps were in the crew room in between my flight in and my commute. The timeline appears to be:

Mon-Tues next week (25th, 26th)- NC works with company to clean up the exact language for the T.A., paragraph formatting, proper paragraph references (remember T.A.'s 1 & 2 that referenced non-existent paragraphs and such? Not cool).

Wed - MEC meets to go over exact details of finalized T.A. and vote. This may stretch into a 2nd day. 27th, maybe 28th.

Fri - Mon - Finalized T.A., if approved by the MEC, goes to printers. No "here's your C.D., print it on your own dime" crap. Full T.A. copies at Road shows. Road show schedule published. (29th - Nov 1st).

Tuesday (maybe Wednesday) - Road shows begin, T.A. released electronically and in paper form. (Nov 2nd or 3rd).

Road shows run for 2 weeks. Voting begins on Nov 15th for two weeks. Voting ends Nov 30th. Pay rates and most contract changes, if ratified begin Dec 1st. Some scheduling section items such as LCR, etc, don't happen until Jan 1st (so they can build the lines in December for January with the proper LCR lines with Buildups eliminated). The bucket system will not be implemented until May 1st, due to the new scheduling software that will have to be purchased, integrated, etc for them to have it available to the individual pilots in real time.

That's as much as I have for now that's available for public dissemination. Please do NOT PM or eMail me for more, I ain't gonna tell you and to tell the truth, it's not that much more information than what's already circulating.

You're an airline pilot, dude...it's all completely spoonfed...it aint rocket science. "

No wonder this profession is headed down the crapper.

As far as your employer and the Feds are concerned, there absolutely is a command position (PIC) and his every action will be under a microscope if things go south.

Last edited:
No wonder this profession is headed down the crapper.

As far as your employer and the Feds are concerned, there absolutely is a command position (PIC) and his every action will be under a microscope if things go south.

Along with the guy/gal sitting to his/her right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back