Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran has reached a tentative agreement!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Status
Not open for further replies.
When does that $185 kick in? 4-5 years from DOS? And it's 15 yr pay. Looks like Spirit's current top CA pay is also at 15 yr longevity and is roughly the same as our current top 12 yr CA pay...from 2004.

There were guys @ ACA that made a big deal about having $100/hr CRJ CA pay in our last contract there. Too bad it was at DOS + 4 yrs and nobody ever saw that number.

Spirit FO pay tops out at over $100/HR.

Hope you do well, and raise the bar.

Moderator hat on:

Scope has been suspended 30 days for repeated violation of the profanity rules on Flightinfo. This is his final warning, next infraction and he gets permanently banned.

Please follow the board ToS.

/mod

Moderator hat off:

You are correct in a vacuum, but this is not a vacuum. Your language may have HAD some holding language, I guess you will see when you get your final language.
That *IS* in the final T.A. language. That part was already T.A.'d and wasn't changed.

Anyway, you are forgetting all about the transition agreement, which can and will waive items in your CBA as well as ours.
That's certainly possible, we shall see.

Don't forget it's only a small 39 mil for SWA to back out of this deal.
BWAAAHAHAHA!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, OK,,, THAT will happen. (wipes laughter tears from eyes).

To put it as nicely as I can, and trying to be civil to what amounts to a threat, you will NOT see us back down from anything that's not fair and equitable because of some thinly-veiled threat that NO ONE on here has the ability to carry out. I've known many of our Merger Committee and MEC members personally (outside of aviation) for well over a decade and know they will hold the line. They will be professional, but will NOT just roll over.

I expect your MC and BoD to do the same for you, and it will then, in all likelihood, go to arbitration. I look forward to a long career with you guys, but if you think we're going to back down on "fair and equitable" because "the deal might not go through"... not to be rude, but... you're dreaming.

Barring some 9/11 type of event, this deal is done. Just a matter of time... Not overly concerned about it.

Now, back to the discussion on pay rates.

Yes, Spirit's pay rates topped out at $180 5 years down the road. I'm hearing some not-so-great things about this T.A.'s pay rates for us for the senior guys and gals. F/O's will get some pretty good bumps (pretty close to industry standard but I wouldn't be surprised if Spirit was included in the mix, which they should not have been, seeing as they aren't a Major airline).

However, as starry-eyed as so many pilots here are over the SWA deal, as long as the pay raise has net pay raises and a signing bonus that amount to anything over $10,000, I'd be highly shocked if it didn't pass. It's either that, or live with the OLD scheduling rules, reserve slavery, and crap pay rates from 2000/2004 for the next year to 18 months.

We'll see. I'm headed home today, will get my copy of the current contract and all the sections that have been released to date and start my analysis which I'll start publishing shortly (promised our MEC I'd run it by them this time, give them a few days to respond to their reasoning for things and the accuracy of the data before it goes out), then the rest of it for the compensation sections as I have time next week. I'm over guarantee for the month after finishing IOE so I may not fly the rest of the month and take some time to finish the analysis (and go play on the beach with my son). :)

Last edited:
What Airline are you talking about? SWA does not have a long call reserve. There is an AM and a PM reserve.
I'm talking about AirTran's new T.A., which is what the subject of THIS thread is about.

It will be out for vote, in all likelihood, sometime between the 15th and 20th of November and closes on Dec 1st, with most of the scheduling rules implemented immediately, Long-Call Reserve not implemented until Jan 1st, and the bucket system (transparency call-first, call-last provisions) on April Fool's Day.

Yes, I see the irony. ;)

I say in all likelihood, because it's my understanding that even the MEC members who have pushed long and hard to make sure nothing that's not industry standard (excluding Spirit rates in the mix naturally) reaches the pilots to vote are are going to allow us to vote on it because, more than likely, this is the only T.A. we have time to get before DOCC.

Haven't been able to reach those two MEC members, I'm sure JS will vote for it, and MH... well, I'm just going to shut my mouth on my grandmother's advice.

I would like to see long call on our next contract.
That would be pretty sweet, when it works well, LCR lines are SWEET for a commuter. Trigger points on reserve levels have to be met to bring a pilot from LCR to regular reserve, you can see the bucket at any time by computer and see where you are and how close you are to being called, and trips that DO come up can be offered to you FIRST if you're senior, or you can pass junior on a daily basis.

It's one of the biggest gains of our Scheduling Section, beyond getting SAP 1 and SAP 2 and daily trades/drops/swaps to work properly again.

Last edited:
I have a acouple of questions for anybody that would like to try answering it:

1. I understand that both Air Tran and SWA has to have a transition agreement prior to working on the SLI. Is that correct?

2. Would each side vote on their respective agreement? Would it be a membership vote or just the NC vote?

3. What happens if one side or both cannot pass the agreement?

4. Is arbitration just for the SLI?

Why ask the question in a thread that's about the AirTran T.A. and not in the thread that's about the merger?

Why ask the question in a thread that's about the AirTran T.A. and not in the thread that's about the merger?

because I apparently made a mistake. Since you seem to be so smart and you are in charge why don't you just move it rather than showing evybody that you are so smart.

because I apparently made a mistake. Since you seem to be so smart and you are in charge why don't you just move it rather than showing evybody that you are so smart.
What are you talking about?

I asked a simple question. It didn't have anything to do with "being smart", simply trying to keep the threads on-track.

If you'd like to re-post it in the other thread, I'll be happy to delete your last post here.

Is there a signing bonus or retro pay?

Is ALPA going to stick their fingers in that pot of money?

Dick

Signing bonus, yes.

How much goes to ALPA? I don't know. If it's the standard 2%, it'll likely be about $800,000 which is probably about how much they've spent on us in the last two years. not including our own budget we had going in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back