• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIRTRAN has a TA ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Wow. This looks like a concessionary contract not an improvement. From the tidbits I've read here this seems to be a no-brainer. I just don't see anyway this is gonna pass, nor should it.

The one part that should really scare the crap out of the Citrus pilots is the scope language. I strongly recommend that you guys keep ALL AirTran flying for yourselves. Don't let go of even the 50 seaters. Ask any legacy pilot if they would like to go back in history and somehow put that genie back in the bottle. Since DAL originally allowed DCI to fly the RJs it has been an extremely slippery slope. DCI can now account for just under half of all DAL flying and DAL just added their tenth DCI carrier. The only way to keep any control is to make sure that if a pax buys an AirTran ticket they will be flown by an AirTran pilot. Frontier recently made this mistake. IMO they will live to regret it.

There was a BOD memeber in the crew room today selling the TA. He was spinning it well and at least a few guys said they were yes. He said that if we vote this down, the mediator can't meet with us for at least 6 months. I think that is not good when they try to put that pressure on us to vot ethis thing in.

He also made the comment about the merger and they are afraid that if we don't have this in place, the company could force the Midwest contract on us. They are going out of their way to give these reasons to help make your decision.

Those are huge red flags!!! Hurry up and vote this in to protect us. I believe that. Please beat me now.

How would they force the Midwest contract on us? Why not buy a small commuter and force that contract on us. They can only force something if we allow it. It's been almost a week and no one has seen anything but the spin they are putting on this. I wonder what might be lurking in the real agreement that hasn't been covered in their bullet points.

Yeah, I didn't understand that, either.

How the heck do you get that out of the current wording? The Agreement in its current form is with the NPA. Unless they want to change the name of the company to Midwest Airlines, I don't see a way to force their contract on us.

Note Section 1.E.1. - Merger. It says the "surviving air carrier". I think they'd have a hard time proving that AirTran wasn't the surviving carrier...

They're just using it to try to scare you into considering a yes vote based on that, I see next to zero risk of having the Midwest contract forced on us.

I totally agree. It was just another way to try to get us to agree to this TA. That is one more reason to say no. Not to mention all the other reasons.

Remember, fo pay is still lagging because we will upgrade soon. Don't worry that there has been no upgrade in about four months. At almost 2 1/2 years, I have no idea how soon I may have the chance to move over to the big paycheck.

I'm going to potentially be on reserve for a long time during this contract. A high percentage of the FOs on property will upgrade during the life of this contract and be impacted by the new reserve section. Yes, we currently have a sweet deal with how reserve is credited. Yes, we currently fly our butts off on reserve. Ask the 717 Captains who've been on reserve for 2 years how their QOL has been? I don't see the new reserve rules improving QOL of the reserve pilot. Getting good credit made reserve bearable. Did I homestead on reserve when I could hold a line? Absolutely not. I went screaming to regular line as soon as possible. You have so much more flexibility as a line holder.

I totally agree. It was just another way to try to get us to agree to this TA. That is one more reason to say no. Not to mention all the other reasons.

Remember, fo pay is still lagging because we will upgrade soon. Don't worry that there has been no upgrade in about four months. At almost 2 1/2 years, I have no idea how soon I may have the chance to move over to the big paycheck.
That big Paycheck just got about 1500-2000 bones a month smaller with the reserve pay system givebacks that are proposed.

That big Paycheck just got about 1500-2000 bones a month smaller with the reserve pay system givebacks that are proposed.

I just worked the numbers. Including the door pay loss, 4.5 average day, 3 month average block pay, and the new reserve pay system I am going to lose about 20 hrs of credit each month resulting in a 26% pay cut. What do I get in return? I get 1 extra day off, 13 days of movable reserve periods and 6 "golden days" each month.

Now, I will pick up an 8% (including the signing bonus) pay raise but that has already been spent on COL increases the last 2.5 years.

I may be putting a "For Sale" sign in my yard.

Last edited:
Guys, as a reserve Captain this TA is frightening. Movable days off?? Ready reserve after an assignment? Not to mention the 20 hour paycut I will be taking. I have been on reserve for over a year now and not once have I blocked over 75 hours. This means that every month, my pay will be...75 hours. Unbelievable. Please, for the love of God, tell all of your friends to vote this thing down. People are on reserve for a long time nowadays. I didnt think it could actually get worse then it is now.

Depressingly, I was just speaking to a 9 year captain who was trying to sell me on how this mgt. team has kept every promise that it has made to the pilot group and how we should just trust them on the scope thing. I am just being paranoid he said. He was planning on voting yes. Bums me out.

If mgmt. promises not to use scope against us, then surely they won't mind putting it in the contract.

Voting NO!!!

Latest resources

Back