• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIRTRAN has a TA ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can tell you from past experience, after being at ASA, that moveable off days suck big time. Feel free to never plan for anything on your days off.

AP said on the call tonight that your block days, that cannot be moved, will be days of your choice, sure it will. I can see it now, "Denied, Low Reserve Coverage." I am not on reserve but I know that someday, less than 2 yrs, that is why FO pay is still low, all according to AP, that I will be back on reserve as a Capt. It is not fun, we do not want that in our contract.

I strongly recommend that you guys keep ALL AirTran flying for yourselves. Don't let go of even the 50 seaters.

I absolutely agree with this. Add turboprops to the list as well. Who knows what might happen...I sure am not too proud to go fly one again. Also, scope needs to be binding on the holding co. not the airline.

There is nothing good in this contract.

Who is going to monitor this "core" time. I don't trust the company to not short us.

Anyone that is 5 years or less seniority needs to read the reserve section. If you think you might upgrade this will be the work rules for the next 6+ years. We have no idea how an merger would go, so a guy holding a line could be pushed back onto reserve.

RR after an assignment
Movable days
Loss of pay
No protections for reserve pilots

Did anyone see the " Clarified Ready Reserve Rules and pay for Ready Reserve out of base. WTF. Now we are going to be FA and sit RR in BWI and MCO. If the company wants a RR out of ATL make a base.

md8

I wonder how many reserve lines will have golden days off for Christmas. Do not forget that you can also be placed on ready reserve at the end of your trip also for 2 hours pay. I bet scheduling can not wait to use the ready reseerve trick on Christmas eve.

I wonder how many reserve lines will have golden days off for Christmas. Do not forget that you can also be placed on ready reserve at the end of your trip also for 2 hours pay. I bet scheduling can not wait to use the ready reseerve trick on Christmas eve.

I doubt the BOD or the company are concerned about Christmas thanks to the precedent they set this past year. You can be dang sure line holders will be very careful bidding this holiday season.

So, how long does it take to put the actual TA on the website? Are we actually going to get to see it before we vote, or do we not have a need to know?

So, how long does it take to put the actual TA on the website? Are we actually going to get to see it before we vote, or do we not have a need to know?

The NC is in MCO now and are supposed to be working through the weekend if necessary to finish the Q & A. The TA in it's entirety should be out by sometime next week with the Q&A section attached liked '01.

What I don't understand is why BOD wants us to wait til it comes out to read it and make a decision, yet they are willing to sell it with their souls now with out the Q&A finished. Shouldn't that have some bearing on thier decision if they were looking out for our best interest?

Last edited:
The NC is in MCO now and are supposed to be working through the weekend if necessary to finish the Q & A. The TA in it's entirety should be out by sometime next week with the Q&A section attached liked '01.

What I don't understand is why BOD wants us to wait til it comes out to read it and make a decision, yet they are willing to sell it with their souls now with out the Q&A finished. Shouldn't that have some bearing on thier decision if they were looking out for our best interest?

There in lies all of our mistake over the last 2.5 years. We were under the false assumption that this BoD and NC were looking out for our best interests. Whatever would make us think that - maybe that we are paying their 100hr/month salaries!!

I can't speak for 5/6 of the BoD but I know MS well and the last thing he cares about is anything other than himself. He would push all of us under the bus if he thought it would help him make a few extra political points with the company. He isn't even sitting 717 reserve any more (as his senority would require on the 717) because once elected to the BoD he took advantage of inside information to switch a/c during a random 1 month reprieve of the 717 CA seat lock (for which to this day there has been no explanation from the company).

If the rest of the BoD and NC is 1/10 as self-centered as this SOB, they have never had our best interest in mind!!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back