• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIRTRAN has a TA ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hey Lear I talk to one of the BOD and he said we didnt lose block or better its still there. Not that matters anyway, they gave back on every other thing anyway.

Well thank God for something...

Must have moved it; they said they completely revamped Section 5, maybe it's in there.

How about the loss of the emergency sick bank. There's 60 hours of pay liability per pilot eliminated for the company. At an average pay rate of $75 an hour times 1500 pilots, this equals $6.75m. Can you say "Executive bonus time baby!"

I hate to keep harping on the reserve thing guys...but that is where I am at and gonna be for awhile....please bear with me.
First off does anybody think we will get more than 75hr on RSV?
I for one don't think so. I have been getting at least 90hrs (usually more, but not less) since upgrade. Factor this:

90 hr month @ $112 is $10,080 gross.
75 hr month @ $124 is $ 9,300 gross.
$780 hr month less.....about 8% pay cut.

What am I missing here?

I hate to keep harping on the reserve thing guys...but that is where I am at and gonna be for awhile....please bear with me.
First off does anybody think we will get more than 75hr on RSV?
I for one don't think so. I have been getting at least 90hrs (usually more, but not less) since upgrade. Factor this:

90 hr month @ $112 is $10,080 gross.
75 hr month @ $124 is $ 9,300 gross.
$780 hr month less.....about 8% pay cut.

What am I missing here?

Nothing, we are getting screwed.. VOTE NO NO NO NO

Let us also remember that we will be seeing record profits throughout the entire contract duration. I do not quite understand why we give up anything when we have been consistently profitable for the past several years. We should be making advancements not concessions.

We have "Shown "profits of around 36 million over the past 3 years but that is all a shell game. They have well over 100,000,000 in cash on deposit with boeing. They buy some of the planes with cash. You can make the books look however you want. We are one of the cheapest most productive groups out their. They can afford it.

Cost increase????? From what I'm seing the company is getting handed a silver spoon.... The hourly rates are a cover up... I checked my June schedule and I would only make around $400 more for the month because of the loss of total hours. Reserve FO's are taking a he!! of a lot bigger pay cut than that.. This contract is probably pretty close to cost neutral for the company... I heard a rumor it was gonna cost the company around 65 million for 4 years.... I call total B.S.. Besides, AAI is predicting a total profit for 2007 of 70+ million....

It is imperitive that everyone get out and be as vocal as possible, about what a lousy contract this is. We can't rely on flight info, as the only means of doing this. Not only does this TA need to go down, it MUST go down huge, for us to have any hope of fixing things. So PLEASE, don't be afraid to voice your opinions, every trip, every leg, to every Airtran pilot you see. It's time to show not only Airtran, but also Skipper and the boys how unacceptable this POS is.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back