• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AIRTRAN has a TA ?!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It is time for the junior pilots at Airtran (57% of our pilots have been here 5 years or less according to the Jan 1. seniority list) to speak out.

I did speak out, I left the company earlier this year and have never looked back. Don't get me wrong, I flew with some really great individuals there, but my experience was absolutely horrible. Upper management can take this TA and shove you know where. I'm all worked up and I don't even work there anymore. You guys deserve much much more than this!

So is coach gonna keep track of all the doctors notes?

The union should be ashamed of passing this to you guys!

Sorry, but after experiencing all the crap there for two years seeing this proposal pisses me off.

Do what is right!

From talking to BoD member today, their sales pitch on this will be something like this: "yeah it's not great, but if we go back to the table, we will end up with the same thing only a year later, and will have no merger protection during next few months"

My view on it - I will take my chance on that. I think if we vote this down by huge numbers, we will get much better deal in however long it takes.

We need a new NC....at least!

If the company screws us on a merger I'll just set the parking brake. The pilots control this airline as long as they don't leave their nuts at home in the refrigerator. The company dones't want to play that game.

....and will have no merger protection during next few months"

400 MEH pilots scare them that much? at a worst case, the AAI list stapled to MEH list, you'd still in all likelihood come out ahead versus keeping what you have now.

I hate to say this, but Mike M wouldn't have brought us anything.. The company wasn't going to negotiate with him.. Too much water under the bridge... Lear...

You are mistaken . . . when AP caved and withdrew MB, it was a weakness that put the COmpany in the drivers' seat.

We would have been better off with MB standing tough, than we are now, wasting time with this completely concessionary POS that is an insult to every pilot on the property.

If the company screws us on a merger I'll just set the parking brake. The pilots control this airline as long as they don't leave their nuts at home in the refrigerator. The company dones't want to play that game.

Yep! In ATL it doesn't matter how slow you taxi to the runway. As you get sequence when you call Ground at 4-South. Now if you take you time getting to 4-South (as we all should 'cause of all vehicles and ramp activity) then there could be 5-10 other airplanes who called for taxi ahead of you. And if a couple of those are Heavy then you're stuck in a small line.

At other airports I will exercise extreme caution when taxing.

So confused

I'm posting this two threads because I'm so confused...

Does anyone out there have any ideas why the NPA agreed to so many concessions in this TA with basically nothing in return? I can't find one giveback that the NPA can say "well at least we got X back for the pilots"

For instance we gave up the door time in return for what? Gave up retiree medical for what? And the list goes on.

We are not in bankruptcy or on the verge of a strike so there seems no reason to me that the NC should even entertain stuff that is worse than current book.

That is my main problem. Why was there so many givebacks for no reason? I would have been completely fine with current book and 15-25% raises across the board.

Too much water under the bridge... Lear... Block or better is gone as well?? It just keeps getting worse and worse...
Slide # 10: "Core CREDIT time, based on Median ACTUAL block times from the same 3 month periods from last year".

The LOA signed by AP regarding "look back" block or better for the entire day is incorporated into the new T.A.

One of the guys who actually read this thing says that Section 4.I is completely missing from the new T.A.

So yeah, we lost it.

From talking to BoD member today, their sales pitch on this will be something like this: "yeah it's not great, but if we go back to the table, we will end up with the same thing only a year later, and will have no merger protection during next few months"
That's a bunch of horsesh*t.

EVERYONE needs to understand this, and take a good, close look at the UAir and AWA integration.

The FAA will NOT allow one certificate holder to operate two separate certificates as a single operation.

Additionally, should the seniority problem not be solvable and it goes to court, the Allegheny-Mohawk precedent also REQUIRES the two groups to be combined into one.

Since we are not ALPA, DOH isn't a valid merging term as it would result in a "windfall" to the MEH group.

In short, WE DO have merger protection, as the company can't operate the two companies separately under one name and WE get to work out terms through the M&A committee, run by BD.

This needs to be CLEARLY understood by every pilot here. We're evidently going to have to work out a flyer for every pilot that contradicts and clarifies the inaccuracies published by the BOD and NC and distribute it to everyone...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back