• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Furloughs coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Most airlines hire til they furlough and furlough til they hire - not exclusive to the AirTran family.

I don't really see any pay concessions making even a small dent in the problem. I'd like to see the numbers they are throwing out at us...

I couldn't agree more with you. I will expect to see this from more airlines shortly, Frontier being the first.

How will a few percent cut, offset billions in fuel costs.

It is merely another way for management to continue to the 9/11 rape of the industry.

Good luck to you, in fact good luck to us all,

AAflyer

I couldn't agree more with you. I will expect to see this from more airlines shortly, Frontier being the first.

How will a few percent cut, offset billions in fuel costs.

It is merely another way for management to continue to the 9/11 rape of the industry.

Good luck to you, in fact good luck to us all,

AAflyer

Here is how the argument will be framed....

Nobody will dispute the fact that pilot pay cuts will not save us from $140-200 oil and that even if we work for free at these oil prices most airlines will go out....

What will be said is that they are trying to preserve cash so as to survive long enough to outlast the competition and the oil bubble (if it is a bubble).

This is the Frontier "extend the runway" argument....

The problem is that most pilots, especially the upper half, will probably want to take the gamble in hopes of outlasting the current situation.....This is where our current seniority system hurts us....It's easier to take the gamble to possibly "extend the runway" than to have to start over again at the bottom....

They are going to have to fire up the training department again for all the displacements and involuntary equipment transfers. Im pretty sure the last year of hiring was mostly 737's. Their training costs are about to go up quite a bit.

next tactic on the hit list will be ratify the pay cuts or we fire the probationary guys...Just watch...

RV

That is pretty f'cked up if the did that. Then again look at who you guys are dealing with. Old Eastern management. Good luck.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back