• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Furloughs coming

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I think I am going to email this to MB. This is what the NPA response to the company should look like. Make the snap back provisions based on operating profit. Total profit would allow them to avoid snap back by using write offs (management bonuses, etc) to make total profit negative.
I forgot to add getting us out of substandard hotels as well, specifically none that have ANY history within 1 year of:

a.) Bed Bugs / Cockroaches / Toxic Mold / Cleanliness issues.

b.) Crack busts / Prostitution busts / Felony-level violence (like the desk clerk in CHS who was shot in front of our F/A's).

c.) Requirement to play "frogger" in traffic to get to a restaurant.

d.) Close proximity to trains/traffic/night clubs that have noise at all hours of the night precluding enough sleep to function the next morning.

Personally, I think it would be in our best interest to compile a list of these 4 above, with written/photo/video documentation and release it to the media in a "Did you know your pilots stay next door to crack whores?" expose.

Can you imagine the comments on Letterman? :D

OK, back to my 4th of July workday...

p.s. Email not only MB but also your status and domicile reps as well. Make sure the ENTIRE BoD knows how you feel about it. The more support THEY get, in writing, the more ammunition they have to hold the line with.

What are you talking about. A lot of customers are crack whores and drug dealers. Have you looked at the people in back? I want to sani wipe my seat when I ride in back.

Big Oil gets away with it. So why can't the airlines?

They are gonna have to work together to have any chance of surviving in today's economy.

Jetstream >> That plane will make you a great pilot!!
Yeah, it was a great plane to learn to fly in, but I can't hear a d@#% thing!

What are you talking about. A lot of customers are crack whores and drug dealers. Have you looked at the people in back? I want to sani wipe my seat when I ride in back.
Have you ever done that? Seriously?

I went out on Southwest my last rotation, arguably some of the best quick-turn cleaners in the industry.

Got to my seat, saw some leftover coke or godknowswhat residue, pulled a sani-wipe out of my bag and proceeded to clean.

And clean... and clean... After 5 sani-wipes, they were still coming up black after wiping just that small seat area.

Nasty... now imagine an airline that doesn't clean their airplanes as well as Southwest seems to. :puke:

b.) Crack busts / Prostitution busts / Felony-level violence (like the desk clerk in CHS who was shot in front of our F/A's).

Which hotel was that? Or just a hint, I know the area.

Prostitution and loud nightclubs. That sounds like the "good ole days," and might be considered perks of the job.

Talking about the place where the front desk clerk was murdered:

Don't remember right off the top of my head. Might have been a Ramada. I remember the wicker furniture, pool was in the main lobby and not enclosed, made the entire place smell like chlorine, and there was a Waffle House nearby and that was it, right by the interstate.

I think a hotel in the Midwest somewhere (I can picture it in my head) had the crack bust while we were in it one night... no one got much sleep that night.

The prostitutes... any number of hotels in the system. DFW comes to mind, as does PHL and DAY (passed one in the hallway one time after she had just finished a client - asked me if I wanted a date. She went back down to the bar and I sat at the table with the crew and watched her pick up another guy about 20 minutes later and head upstairs - Holiday Inn, the bar is known as the best pickup joint in the city and the resulting clientel is... interesting).

Not that there's anything wrong with a good bar in a hotel,,, ;)

Talking about the place where the front desk clerk was murdered:

Don't remember right off the top of my head. Might have been a Ramada. I remember the wicker furniture, pool was in the main lobby and not enclosed, made the entire place smell like chlorine, and there was a Waffle House nearby and that was it, right by the interstate.

I think a hotel in the Midwest somewhere (I can picture it in my head) had the crack bust while we were in it one night... no one got much sleep that night.

The prostitutes... any number of hotels in the system. DFW comes to mind, as does PHL and DAY (passed one in the hallway one time after she had just finished a client - asked me if I wanted a date. She went back down to the bar and I sat at the table with the crew and watched her pick up another guy about 20 minutes later and head upstairs - Holiday Inn, the bar is known as the best pickup joint in the city and the resulting clientel is... interesting).

Not that there's anything wrong with a good bar in a hotel,,, ;)

Sounds like the Radison in CHS, next to what used to be the Mongolian BBQ. Waffle house across the interstate was rebuilt about 3 years ago. You said the clerk was shot in front of the F/A's and died? Wow!

If it's the DFW West Holiday Inn, they put up a lot of Ft Hood soliders headed overseas, probably explains the, ahem, ladies.

Sounds like the Radison in CHS, next to what used to be the Mongolian BBQ. Waffle house across the interstate was rebuilt about 3 years ago. You said the clerk was shot in front of the F/A's and died? Wow!
That's the place, and yep, that's what happened.

Company put the crews somewhere else for 3 weeks, then went right back to that hotel. NOT a safe area.

If it's the DFW West Holiday Inn, they put up a lot of Ft Hood soliders headed overseas, probably explains the, ahem, ladies.
No, but it's close. 183 at Bedford Rd, hole in the wall hotel on the north side of the interstate. Used to be a nice place about 10 years ago.

Latest resources

Back