• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran DRC - judgement !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
When your company ceases to exist, your contract doesn't mean much.

Yet, here we are, years later, and the company still exists.

From the Mike VdV letter...

Southwest agrees that during the period of separate Pilot operations following close, it will adhere to and apply the provisions of the AirTran/ALPA Agreement to AirTran Pilots, unless and until that Agreement is changed pursuant to the Railway Labor Act

Last edited:
It's not romanticizing. You're simply immature. It's not necessary to have a deep seated hatred for the people you bargain against, and it is possible to see some redeeming qualities in them, even when much of their behavior is undesirable. SK was far, far from perfect, and his old school techniques hurt a lot of people. But there are far worse people to deal with in labor relations.

Ditto.

Sure right!

Why don't all you ALPA guys get together and vote out ALPA in place of SWAPA, you going there sooner or later. Less dues?

Why don't all you ALPA guys get together and vote out ALPA in place of SWAPA, you going there sooner or later. Less dues?

The decision is ultimately SWAPA's. If ALPA files with the NMB and SWAPA objects, it's unlikely that the Board will grant ALPA's request.

And why would Swapa object PCL?

(I think PCL stands for self fulfilled prophecy)

And why would Swapa object PCL?

From what I hear, SWAPA has indicated less than zero interest in representing the AirTran pilots until they're on the SWA side of the partition. I'm sure it has something to do with DFR concerns.

Maybe bc you just sued them?

Are you ever responsible for anything over there PCL?

Latest resources

Back