• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran DRC - judgement !

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Might want to "think twice" - or maybe read twice a post before responding PCL. Where exactly did I say Gary Kelly had anything to do with your contract? It was Fornano and AAI management that finally decided to pay you right? And after 6 years, the AIP coming just a few days after the announcement was probably just coincidence?

I love the "about to happen" theory. After we voted down our first TA in early 2009 I was on an AirTran flight with a few AAI ALPA guys. They were telling a couple line guys that now "for sure" AirTran will get a new contract before SWA. And then our TA 2 comes along, gets voted in September 2009 and time marched one with the "about to happen" AAI contract. I did get to see some nice "safe" taxi speeds during that illegal job action during this time. That was pretty funny, even funnier now is no AAI pilot admits they took part in that.

Anyway, you can't re-write history PCL even though many AAI pilots try to. Your AIP did not take place until after the acquisition was announced. That is a fact. But you say it would have happened anyway right? Actually I think you suggest you would have gotten a better contract had SWA not come along. I don't think there is a single Southwest pilot that does not wish AAI had been allowed to linger for a month or two to test your theory.

Howie, your welcome to pontificate on Hawaiian all you want. To be honest I like to hear from different perspectives about our airline.
What would be the point? What could I possibly tell you that you don't already know? I don't work there and have no real knowledge of the inner workings of an airline I have never even flown on as a passenger. My only observations would be the rehashing of tidbits of information I have picked up while reading what others say about an airline I don't work for. It would be much like your observations about SWA.

Sorry, but we have the data from actual AirTran pilots who have transitioned, and it is a pay cut for AirTran captains. Up to $30k, depending on longevity, whether they commute, and how willing they are to pick up extra time to make up for the loss.
I recently flew with a former AirTran Capt who told me that he is taking a $30K cut but that was due to only flying 1/2 of his line, for personal reasons, at SWA. So if he flew his whole line he would have had a pay raise.

Your AIP did not take place until after the acquisition was announced. That is a fact. But you say it would have happened anyway right? Actually I think you suggest you would have gotten a better contract had SWA not come along. I don't think there is a single Southwest pilot that does not wish AAI had been allowed to linger for a month or two to test your theory.

I'll tell you how many SWA pilots don't wish AAI had had a few months to finish our negotiations . . . . most of them. It's only the sore winners and poor losers that want to keep rehashing this stuff.

:rolleyes:

Last edited:
OK... this horse has been beat to death!!!!!

WHEN CAN WE GET RID OF ALPA AND HAVE SWAPA ???????

Amen brother

No one on here is going to change the others mind .

Why not debate something more worth while .

Like what is the best conceal carry ? :)

Latest resources

Back