• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You are wrong!! With the letter that arrived today the NPA needs to take a strike vote within the next week. They would get an overwhelming YES. Perhaps 5 years ago the attitude that you describe existed, but not today. “We are mad as HE!! And are not going to take it anymore”

You are wrong!! With the letter that arrived today the NPA needs to take a strike vote within the next week. They would get an overwhelming YES. Perhaps 5 years ago the attitude that you describe existed, but not today. “We are mad as HE!! And are not going to take it anymore”

What is the content of this letter that you're referring to? I'm ready for a fight! This industry $ucks anyways!

I think the media needs to be included. It has always seemed like AT management treats the pilots like a battered wife..... IE: "if you tell anyone it will get worse." This place sucks. (yea mesa might still be #1), but this is chithole is catching up. It has to end, one way or the other.

Sorry FIREMAN, I feel your pain and want to believe that this pilot group will do the right thing. However, I believe this pilot group talks and complains among each other like PIT BULLS but their actions are like KITTENS! If it came to really going out on strike, this group would implode. The facts on day to day operations prove that. This group is still too divided. There are many RATS in our ranks....PERIOD!

Last edited:
Unfortunately I have talked to many captains who have said that they feel that they will never make the kind of money they make now ever again. That may hurt a strike vote. I do not see why ALL FOs would not strike. We would lose more if we take concessions.

At the wage an FO makes at Airtran, a concession is not an option.
Is there an Idiot Manager's school that I missed somewhere. How did SoWest seem to skirt that school?
Oh, the letter to my wife today... she just laughed.

Can the furloughed pilots vote? If it is no then that was a pretty clever way to eliminate 170 no votes.

Also how are the lines block credit for Oct?

If every $1 fuel increase results in $10 million increase cost then should every $1 decrease save $10 million? = no concessions.

Good luck.

Can the furloughed pilots vote? If it is no then that was a pretty clever way to eliminate 170 no votes.

Also how are the lines block credit for Oct?

If every $1 fuel increase results in $10 million increase cost then should every $1 decrease save $10 million? = no concessions.

Good luck.
B717 October LVI is about 85. Still have about 75 reserve lines on the CA side. Total block hours for October 2008 on the 717 increased about 10% compared with September 2008 (back up to about 26,000 hrs).

Latest resources

Back