• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran contract

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The whole insulting premise of the letter is that the union told the company to f-off on concessions (rightfully so, I might add). Since the company didn't get the response from the union they wanted, they resort to their original employee relations play book of "How to Manage by Fear and Intimidation" written by Frank Lorenzo. They think they see a fractured union, but this kind of B.S. is only bringing us together. Remember, "MY UNION SPEAKS FOR ME, AND I TELL IT WHAT TO SAY MOTHER F'ers!"

B737 LVI 76.19 4 CDO, 33 Build-up,54 RES. Not sure where to find total block. But the LVI * hard lines is 16361.
To find the total block hours for each airplane, look on the last page on the bid pack pairing link for the particular aircraft in FLICA. Total block for 737 for October was 15,768 or about or about 7% higher than September. Total block for 717 for October was 26,289 or about 12% higher than September.

At the wage an FO makes at Airtran, a concession is not an option.
Is there an Idiot Manager's school that I missed somewhere. How did SoWest seem to skirt that school?
Oh, the letter to my wife today... she just laughed.
Was the airtran letter addressed to your wife? Just got mine today, it was addressed to me. . not my husband!

What is the content of this letter that you're referring to? I'm ready for a fight! This industry $ucks anyways!

I don't have it to cut/paste but it's on the NPA e-Weekly email from yesterday and also on the NPA website under the Negotiation Committee page.

Same old stuff...

NO CONCESSIONS!!

Remember, "MY UNION SPEAKS FOR ME, AND I TELL IT WHAT TO SAY MOTHER F'ers!"
That needs to be kit bag sticker... :D

Was the airtran letter addressed to your wife? Just got mine today, it was addressed to me. . not my husband!
I think they all were. This is the kind of dirty, underhanded tactics that management will use to scare you / coerce you / intimidate you into accepting their proposal.

There's probably quite a few discussions going on in AirTran households across the country right now from scared spouses where there is only one income supporting them. It's an old ploy, scare the spouses who can coerce their significant others to take the cuts to "keep their job".

This company is NOT in the dire financial straits they'd like people to believe. Making money hand over fist? Of course not. On the ropes? Hardly.

Note to management: why don't you manage your revenue instead of CONTINUING to attack your employees?

WWCJD

I know these scaled back fall schedules are like watching paint dry on good wx days in Atlanta...from 265 departures a day to 215 on the less busy days of Tues/Sat...

I agree Lear; manage revenue and leave the other folks alone....seeing the 717's/737's leave is sad but like you said we're not sinking like they make it sound...I swear the stuff we hear sometimes makes it sound like we're going away.

I think the media needs to be included. It has always seemed like AT management treats the pilots like a battered wife..... IE: "if you tell anyone it will get worse." This place sucks. (yea mesa might still be #1), but this is chithole is catching up. It has to end, one way or the other.

Yes it does.

My union speaks for me!

When do we take a strike vote?!

Are we ready to ask the NMB to release us when we meet with the company in Oct?????

Latest resources

Back