• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran cancelling classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The "10 year tranny dude" was making $150k+ with 16+ days off. Leaving for the widget was a dumb move, no matter how you look at it.

he was making $150k+ as a first officer, right?

Oh, he was a captain. And now he's got a better concessionary contract than any contract you will ever have...if you ever get one.

Who exactly made the "dumb move?"

Last edited:

Oh, he was a captain. And now he's got a better concessionary contract than any contract you will ever have...if you ever get one.

yawn.......

Last summer, I had a 17 year Delta 767-300 International FO on my jumpseat. He said he could have been a very junior reserve MD-80 Captain in New York but didn't want it. 17 years seniority got him a decent quality of life, but only making about $9,000 a month. Our 10 year captain who left for Delta (who was living in base with 16+ days off a month) could easily pull $13,000 a month and even more if he wanted it (not including the $1400 a month to his "B" fund).

I am not sure I am following your logic but I think the $13,000 a month at 10 years is much better than $9,000 at 17 years for equivalent quality of life.

Isn't "International" just a code word for "I drink during the day when no one else is and then I fly redeyes"?

Training just posted a vacancy award saying they have another class to run. It did not say how many though.

I talk to one of our pilots in TRN. they have not heard anything yet. But this was as of yesterday. He said a class just started up with 20 new hires.

careful,this 10 year ca may be your chief pilot tommorow.how long you guys've been in this business?
He's still in his early 30s with no wife no kids no mortgage.DELTA is where he always wanted to be.they might have, one day an industry leading contract, that we all will envy,who knows.
I find him courageous indeed,time will tell.

The "10 year tranny dude" was making $150k+ with 16+ days off. Leaving for the widget was a dumb move, no matter how you look at it.

Care to enlighten us why??

The guy may see or want something you don't....Airtran may not be for him, that doesn't make him dumb....

Still listening though......do tell!!!

(chum's in the water, let's see if PCL will bite)

Latest resources

Back