• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran cancelling classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Last summer, I had a 17 year Delta 767-300 International FO on my jumpseat. He said he could have been a very junior reserve MD-80 Captain in New York but didn't want it. 17 years seniority got him a decent quality of life, but only making about $9,000 a month. Our 10 year captain who left for Delta (who was living in base with 16+ days off a month) could easily pull $13,000 a month and even more if he wanted it (not including the $1400 a month to his "B" fund).

I am not sure I am following your logic but I think the $13,000 a month at 10 years is much better than $9,000 at 17 years for equivalent quality of life.

I think you might of just spotted the elusive General Lee. Did he say anything about Chinese MD-90s?

Last edited:
I don't think corageous is exactly the right choice of words..... French and corageous....... pleez !

careful,this 10 year ca may be your chief pilot tommorow.how long you guys've been in this business?
He's still in his early 30s with no wife no kids no mortgage.DELTA is where he always wanted to be.they might have, one day an industry leading contract, that we all will envy,who knows.
I find him courageous indeed,time will tell.

Call it what you want. It's stupid! But, as a reserve/build-up guy, one less to worry about!

maybe not corageous on the line of fire but when it's time to stand still in front of management,the french workers can show you corage and unity,things we don't have here.

Call it what you want. It's stupid! But, as a reserve/build-up guy, one less to worry about!
which is exactly the problem;all we worry about is our little own selfishness.maybe i should remind you that guys fought for you to keep a decent 1st year pay.many could have decided to take the ca pay raise;instead they looked at the bigger picture.
how reserve working for you?don't worry,we're also looking at it so you don't get abused.

which is exactly the problem;all we worry about is our little own selfishness.maybe i should remind you that guys fought for you to keep a decent 1st year pay.many could have decided to take the ca pay raise;instead they looked at the bigger picture.
how reserve working for you?don't worry,we're also looking at it so you don't get abused.

Dude, calm, find a nice place! If you are in NPA I applaud you, was just making a joke on above post! I don't want to think how hard negotiations are going to be coming up, with the state of oil and the economy! Sad thing is, TA2 might look good now (except the door closing/ reserve crap/ etc.)

NO they didn't, most didn't hold sh!t. There were a few that did hold the line(and we thank you). But guys I fly with voted for ta2, and how they are pissed they didn't get a raise. A lot of the 10 year and above guys are completely out of touch with everything and its all about me me me. Jr ca and fos held the line, somebody had to be the 34% that voted for it.
Scope is everything and most of them tell me its no big deal you shouldn't worry about it. RIGHT!

Dude, calm, find a nice place! If you are in NPA I applaud you, was just making a joke on above post! I don't want to think how hard negotiations are going to be coming up, with the state of oil and the economy! Sad thing is, TA2 might look good now (except the door closing/ reserve crap/ etc.)

Have you gone to a domicile meeting, or spoken with Mike or Matt? The only way you will see anything that looks remotely like TA2 is if we tell them thats what we want. And I for one wont be telling them that.

Latest resources

Back