AirTran cancelling classes

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Fly4$

Got a phone call from AT today. I wasn't able to call back yet, but it appears from other forums that all training classes starting from 28 April have been indefinitely postponed.

has anyone talked to AT yet for any additional details. I assume there is now a pool. Is interview date going to determine the new training dates when they start again or do they stick with the classes as scheduled previously? I was interviewed in December but could not start until June due to military commitments.

I did not have the impression that ALL new aircraft deliveries were postponed as well. How long can they go without training new people?

Fly4$

They can probably keep things going for 6 months or so at present attrition levels without having any new classes. We're only taking a net 4 new airplanes this year according to the latest numbers. Sorry to hear of your class date being postponed.

\has anyone talked to AT yet for any additional details. I assume there is now a pool. Is interview date going to determine the new training dates when they start again or do they stick with the classes as scheduled previously? I was interviewed in December but could not start until June due to military commitments.

Fly4$
Got the call, and said it was class date.

Got a phone call from AT today. I wasn't able to call back yet, but it appears from other forums that all training classes starting from 28 April have been indefinitely postponed.

has anyone talked to AT yet for any additional details. I assume there is now a pool. Is interview date going to determine the new training dates when they start again or do they stick with the classes as scheduled previously? I was interviewed in December but could not start until June due to military commitments.

I did not have the impression that ALL new aircraft deliveries were postponed as well. How long can they go without training new people?

Fly4$

I am in training right now and this is the first I have heard about it. Will try to find out more tomorrow.

They can probably keep things going for 6 months or so at present attrition levels without having any new classes. We're only taking a net 4 new airplanes this year according to the latest numbers. Sorry to hear of your class date being postponed.

About attrition levels, are you talking about people washed out of training? I hope the class cancelations rumor is wrong.:mad:

About attrition levels, are you talking about people washed out of training? I hope the class cancelations rumor is wrong.:mad:
No, I'm just talking about our normal rate of attrition from pilots leaving to go to places like CAL (shiny wide-bodied jet syndrome), in addition to medical retirements and early outs. According to the NPA, attrition is running at about 5 pilots per month right now.

NO, attrition of people leaving and retiring. We lose about 7-10 a month. But I'm sure that might change.

Where are they going???? Except the guys retiring, where? If i was workin at Airtran I wouldn't risk leaving my seat to go anywhere right now, not even the cargo guys. I don't think you'll see too many people be leaving now.

Latest resources

Back