Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran calling back more pilots!! Upgrades too!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jest read the CBA and LOA 9 did not see anything about what aircraft recalled pilots must go to. Can you post what makes it illegal? I think they will recall what ever number of pilots it takes to get the 35 717 Fos. If there are 737 Fos within that 35 they will go back to the 73. This will allow more pilots back. Do we want to fight that? To clarify, it may take 40 recalls to get 35 717 Fos.

I really doubt the company is recalling 737 pilots out of the good of their heart just to get some 717 guys. In the first 50 recalls, probably 2/3 are 737 guys. They probably saw how expensive it was going to be to retrain everyone. So at the last minute over a holiday they reveal their plan so the union will be way behind by the time they open the doors on Monday. But that does means they have flying for every airplane.

It costs 30,000 to train a 737 FO for the 717, and then another 30,000 if a 717 senior FO takes that 737 slot. They could be talking about a 60,000 savings. It costs about $1000 to get a furloughed pilot requal'd.

Simple math, but a violation. If they want recall language it will probably take a new contract especially with Memrat.

I think at 60,000 a pop management prefers dealing with a greivance.

Last edited:
It costs 30,000 to train a 737 FO for the 717, and then another 30,000 if a 717 senior FO takes that 737 slot. They could be talking about a 60,000 savings. It costs about $1000 to get a furloughed pilot requal'd.

Simple math, but a violation. If they want recall language it will probably take a new contract especially with Memrat.

I think at 60,000 a pop management prefers dealing with a greivance.

Someone asked about training costs during my recurrent and JM said that we "virtually own" the simulators, so we pay for them whether we train or not each month (new hire or recurrent). So I dont think Simulator costs factor in too much on an individual basis. But I could be wrong.

Good News For Ya!!

Nice way to start 2009!!!
Hope it all works out for ya and 2009 is only better then what we all left.
Cheers!!

Actually we do own 1 717 sim. Thats why were only calling back 2 small classes at first. That way we can use just the sim we own and not have to increase training costs by using the other 717 sims as well. At least thats what I was told.

back to 20% growth. yay.

20% Growth in a tanking economy... that makes as much sense as a round trip ticket for $29.99 (Oh wait, you guys do that...)

If SWA is holding steady I HIGHLY doubt that you all will grow 20%. Keep in mind the world's largest airline just appeared in your backyard and that there is a good possibility SWA is not far behind them. Better hang on...this is where the ride will get a bit messy.

20% Growth in a tanking economy... that makes as much sense as a round trip ticket for $29.99 (Oh wait, you guys do that...)

If SWA is holding steady I HIGHLY doubt that you all will grow 20%. Keep in mind the world's largest airline just appeared in your backyard and that there is a good possibility SWA is not far behind them. Better hang on...this is where the ride will get a bit messy.

You feel better about yourself now?

Back to the question at hand anyone have the numbers on how many call backs so far?

Anyone have any info on how many of the furloughees are defering the recall?

Thanks.

There were 35 recalls in the first batch, and now 50 new FO vacancies on the latest vacancy release that came out today.

Latest resources

Back