Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airtran calling back more pilots!! Upgrades too!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Hi!

Hey Ty, my CEO sometimes tells me that, too!

It would be exciting to watch you and her in a cage match!

cliff
GRB
PS-I would NOT be betting against my CEO!

Well, if she looks like your avatar, I'm in. If she looks like Pocono Pilot, I've got better things to do . . .

TY... STFU..... I didn't say it was all peaches. I said I don't mind working at AAI. Don't mistake the two. Does it piss me off at times? He11 ya, but I don't b1tch about everything in life like you seem to. I think we deserve better, but realize it could be a heck of a lot worse. I voted down every contract AAI has tried to pass. But I guess thats not good enough for you unless everyone around you hates their lives just like you do. This is the exact reason I don't hang out with the AAI crowd on my days off. BTW... My earnings as an FO are equal to many of my friends at "better" airlines. The hourly rate may not be as good, but, the overal compenstation is close. Does it still suck? Yep, but l don't get screwed with by AAI. I bid my trips, fly my line, and go home happy. If you thought the airlines were going to be your saving grace then obviously you are the village idiot. Being and airline employee has sucked from the begining of airlines, but you obviously didn't study that very hard before you signed up. Just ask the guys at UAL, EAL, Braniff, Alaska, AMR, USAIR, ATA, Midwest, etc etc etc how much they like there jobs. Being a pilot is what it is, it ain't glamourous, never will be, and unfortunatly a high percentage of pilots will go through a furlough or failed company..... However, that doesn't mean you can't try to by happy while enjoying the ride..... And like I said before, most guys I fly with and know are pretty happy at AAI....

It could be worse. There is one popular airline out there with a people department sending emails to poolies that there will be no hiring in 2009 while the marketing department is working on codeshares with Westjet and Volaris to "grow" into international markets.

I agree with GT1900. We have our problems. But the grass is not always greener elsewhere.

.... And like I said before, most guys I fly with and know are pretty happy at AAI....

Then you must have your solidly and squarely up your @ss. I don't know about you, but I deserve better, and things WERE better when I came here. WE have allowed things to deteriorate, largely because of people like you who are just happy to have a frickin' job. Weak . . . sister . . . . . weak. Ty PS. I don't read PM's, unless they are from friends. Anything you want to say to me can be said right here, or in the crew room.

Gt1900

Hard to believe, but this jackass just sent me a whiny PM threatening to "name me" on FI, and included a name and seniority number of who he thinks I am. Funny thing is, he doesn't even have the right name, but this guy has shown himself for what he is.

I'm sure some of my AirTran brothers know who GT1900 is . . . . so send me a PM.

Ty

Last edited:
For god sakes.... Is there any pilots that are happy at any airline?????

I've always wondered that too....Nobody's ever happy or thrilled regardless of where they work. You hear it on the bus, on the concourse, on the radio....

Ah yes living the nightmare, I mean dream.

I think I will start It Could Be Worse Airlines. So if you think "It Could BE Worse", please apply and don't forget the application fee, and don't forget here at ICBW Airlines.....IT COULD BE WORSE!!!!;)

AJC article on the recalls

AirTran recalls, hires crew members

Preparation for summer season: 60 pilots to return from furlough; 120 new flight attendants hired.

By Kelly Yamanouchi
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution
Saturday, January 10, 2009
AirTran Airways is calling another 60 pilots back to work from furlough and hiring more flight attendants, even though the airline is not growing.
Orlando-based AirTran, which has its main hub in Atlanta, announced last summer amid record oil prices it would cut flight attendants, pilots and other employees from its work force. The cuts through voluntary exits, leaves and furloughs were aimed at trimming about $16 million from annual costs.

AirTran said in August it was furloughing about 170 of its pilots as it shrank its flight schedule in the last four months of the year.
This year, AirTran plans to cut flight capacity about 3 to 7 percent. But as the airline prepares for the summer season, it is making its second round of pilot recalls.
The airline called about 35 pilots back to work in December as it prepared to fly its planes for longer hours in 2009. The latest round of recalled pilots will return to work Feb. 1. All of AirTran’s pilots are based in Atlanta.
Mike Best, president of the National Pilots Association at AirTran, said “we’re very hopeful” that the remaining pilots on furlough will be recalled this year.
AirTran is also calling back to work flight attendants who took leave and has hired about 120 new flight attendants due to attrition.
The flight attendants who return from leave will be back at work effective March 1.
“In the event that we don’t have enough come back from leave, we will have to go out and hire more flight attendants,” said AirTran spokesman Tad Hutcheson.
The airline is also hiring about a dozen mechanics, Hutcheson said.

Here's to hoping the rest of our brothers and sisters get called back soon! Cheers!!

Any news of interviews yet?

Coach must miss me by now....

;)

Latest resources

Back