• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

Airtran calling back more pilots!! Upgrades too!

FlyAirtran

Total Time
7000+
See latest vacancy award on Flica!

Vacancy Notice 09-02 will be issued on January 12th, 2009, in the February bid package, and is expected to include vacancies for all four crew classes (approximately 60 total). This is expected to result in approximately 40 more pilot recalls. Please note that these projections are subject to change.

Last edited:

PHXFLYR

USAir by default
Total Time
>0;<1
Good news guys..hope it spreads this way !!

PHXFLYR

scarlet

Total Time
Good mabye they will stop calling people on their days off at 6:00 AM every morning begging people to come to work.

Dumb management needs to call Gordon Bethune and ask him about common sense management !

Colonel Savage

Southern style...
Total Time
NoTime
A few more rounds of recalls and you'll be hiring again!

scrub

Total Time
7:58pm
?????????? there are 90 reserve captains on 737 almost all of buildup line holders got reserve something fishy!!!! I'm one of them, I'm in my eighth year, where is the flying at? let er rip

mnboyev

Total Time
i wanna go fishin.... here fishy fishy....

humveedriver

M1165A1
Total Time
+7000
Scrub...I think you forgot to bid. I'm a 7th year 737 Capt, and got my 8th choice of commutable lines. The majority of pilots at AT predicted recalls in the 1st quarter, this is one of those times when its nice to be right.

Stifler's Mom

MILF...MILF...MILF
Total Time
Congrats on the recalls if true.

How many are furloughed currently?

How much will this cost AirTran in training costs to qualify these pilots again compared to the savings by furloughing to begin with?

A recall so soon after a furlough gives the impression that mgmt doesn't know what's going on from month-to-month.

PCL_128

Total Time
5000+

maxblast72

Total Time
9000+
A recall so soon after a furlough gives the impression that mgmt doesn't know what's going on from month-to-month.
The furlough decision was made when Jet A was north of $4/gallon causing Airtran's weekly fuel bill to be over $30 million. Now, our weekly fuel bill has dropped to about $10 million.

Our management wasn't the only was that wasn't betting on oil dropping this much this fast. Southwest, United, Delta, USAirway, and Continental all have burned cash with upside hedges or the unwinding of hedge positions.

Lets welcome back our furloughees and turn our attention towards our 2009 negotiations as we are starting to gain some leverage as our 2009 earnings estimates continue to be revised upwards every month.

contrail67

Total Time
The furlough decision was made when Jet A was north of $4/gallon causing Airtran's weekly fuel bill to be over $30 million. Now, our weekly fuel bill has dropped to about $10 million.

Our management wasn't the only was that wasn't betting on oil dropping this much this fast. Southwest, United, Delta, USAirway, and Continental all have burned cash with upside hedges or the unwinding of hedge positions.

Lets welcome back our furloughees and turn our attention towards our 2009 negotiations as we are starting to gain some leverage as our 2009 earnings estimates continue to be revised upwards every month.

This should be the last quarter for those upside down hedges....let the games begin then.

Flying-Corporal

turn our attention towards our 2009 negotiations as we are starting to gain some leverage as our 2009 earnings estimates continue to be revised upwards every month.

Don't forget that fuel is not the only variable in this complex game. From what the news are broadcasting the economy is just about to tank which more likely drag down the entire aviation industry along with it. I doubt anybody would be able negotiate anything then.

maxblast72

Total Time
9000+
Don't forget that fuel is not the only variable in this complex game. From what the news are broadcasting the economy is just about to tank which more likely drag down the entire aviation industry along with it. I doubt anybody would be able negotiate anything then.
I agree it is a complex game. However, two favorable things happen for Airtran during slow economic times. Legacy carriers cut large amounts of domestic capacity and fuel prices trend lower. The analysts like Airtran's business model in this environment and have been increasing 2009 earnings estimates as fuel prices continue to decline. They are betting the magnitude of the fuel cost decline will trump any RASM declines for Airtran.

It appears Airtran is getting into position to capitalize on any major capacity reductions by other airlines by beefing up staffing levels heading into the spring break/summer busy travel seasons.

scarlet

Total Time
Any one get the letter from AT yet?? I believe you have 30 days to respond?

m80drvr

Total Time
Thank god Parker (USAirways) just reaffirmed our furlough schedule until april 09.

Congrats to the airtran guys, be thankful you don't work for usair.

RiddleEagle18

Total Time
any current furloughed AT guys living or working in SRQ?? Send me a PM if you have a few minutes. Thanks.