• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran announces new service to Key West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Did they recently change the vis requirements for VFR?

This is waaay too funny . . . . Let's see . . . . So far, GT1900 is ready to fly single bleed source from ATL-CUN-ATL, fly into EYW without question, and now he's ready to fly VFR with 2 miles viz.

Survey Says . . . . . . . Azz Clown!

4800 ft is a pretty long runway in my book. I don't see why landing 1000 ft down the runway would require any special training or simulator. I was taught on a 2800 ft runway during my initial Private licencse training. Give me a break guys.

I thought your post was stupid on the 737-900 thread. Security Sensitive...LOL, but this tops that. Most every one of your post prove to me you are no where near what you claim to be. Each one dumber than the last. I do not believe for a minute that you fly for a "major".

What in the world does flying a 152 our of 2800 feet have to do with taking a 737 in to Key West. Here is a hint.....NONE!

And if you are going to insult the abilities of professionals, you should at least know how to spell License.

Last edited:
This is waaay too funny . . . . Let's see . . . . So far, GT1900 is ready to fly single bleed source from ATL-CUN-ATL, fly into EYW without question, and now he's ready to fly VFR with 2 miles viz.

Yep.

The old farts in the training center will need to be replaced at some point, either due to senility or death. GT's interviewing daily.

Looks like Delta is going to fight back.

Delta to add daily flight
Delta will begin running Boeing 737s out of Key West International Airport starting Dec. 17 to handle peak season tourism traffic, the company said Friday.

It was the second carrier to announce new flights using the jumbo jets in little more than a week; AirTran on Sept. 8 said it will start an Orlando to Key West route using the 737s, also in December.

Delta, which already runs direct flights to Atlanta from here using the 70-seat CRJ700 aircraft three times a day, will add a daily, 124-seat large "heavy" commercial aircraft direct flight to the Georgia city the week before Christmas.

Atlanta and Key West apparently have enough people interested in using the service to make it financially worthwhile, Delta officials said.

"We are encouraged by the continued strong customer demand for service to Key West and add the larger jets on the Key West-Atlanta route in time for the peak winter season," states a press release the company issued Friday.

Monroe County Airports Director Peter Horton met with a Delta operations manager Friday and the two reviewed landing strip length, taxi and ramp space and other details the airline must verify to land and maneuver the large aircraft. The airport has hosted 737s in past seasons but the Delta manager must see the facilities before launching service.

Horton said he gave the Delta official a tour.

"We showed the Delta manager our new parking building, the remodeled departure and arrival areas, and the configuration of the commercial parking and tarmac area," Horton said. "We showed him what parking space the jet will go into."

The airport has become a busy place in recent months, Horton said.

"We had 453,000 passengers last year, which is an average of 1,240 passengers a day," he said. "Our passenger numbers are up 20 percent this August from last August; our July numbers are up 12.5 percent."

Horton said the airport already is classified for Delta 737s, which will offer first-class and economy-class seating.

According to Delta, the 737 flight schedule is as follows:

• Boeing 737-700 arrives Key West daily at noon and departs at 12:45 p.m.

• Delta CRJ-700s flights will depart Key West daily at 7:45 a.m., 12:45 p.m., 2:30 p.m. and 5:15 p.m.

The 737s can be loud, however. An average busy city street is at about 40 decibels; when taking off, the 737s can reach 85-100 decibels, according to the National Aeronautic Space Administration testing facilities.

[email protected]

I thought your post was stupid on the 737-900 thread. Security Sensitive...LOL, but this tops that. Most every one of your post prove to me you are no where near what you claim to be. Each one dumber than the last. I do not believe for a minute that you fly for a "major".

What in the world does flying a 152 our of 2800 feet have to do with taking a 737 in to Key West. Here is a hint.....NONE!

And if you are going to insult the abilities of professionals, you should at least know how to spell License.

He reminds me of that guy called 350drvr, total poser...

AA

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back