AirTran announces new service to Key West

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You got a point

Whats wrong Ty. Not good enough to get a 737 stopped in 4800 ft? Or mabye your not good enough to get one off in 4800 ft. Either way, maybe you shouldn't bid for Key West when it comes up! The Alaska guys did it in 3900ft in Alaska weather, your complaining about a runway thats 4800 ft long? Your probably one of those guys who get worked up at MDW as well. Does someone really have to train you how to land the airplane at the 1500ft mark and get it stopped in 3300ft...... With autobrakes? Just how much runway do you need... 7000ft.... 8000 ft..... If you can't operate the airplane within the performance envelope of the airplane maybe you should become a dispatcher!

The performance runs have already been done in Key West. And they proved it could easily be done. Sorry your abilities don't allow you to operate the aircraft in the performance envelope of the a/c.

That's why we get paid the big bucks....oh wait a minute

Whats wrong Ty. Not good enough to get a 737 stopped in 4800 ft? Or mabye your not good enough to get one off in 4800 ft. Either way, maybe you shouldn't bid for Key West when it comes up!

Yawn. . . . I hate to break it to you, ace, but I was based at a 5100' strip for two years, and the jet I was flying had higher ref speeds, manual spoilers, manual brakes and similar runway numbers to the 737.

I've flown jets into Key West, and Telluride, and other places that you couldn't even find on a map, certainly not the map that came with the happy meal you are a few fries short of completing.

Let's revisit this conversation after 12 months of EYW ops, shall we, and we'll determine then if the risk was worth the reward . . . . I hope it will be, but I doubt that will be the conclusion.

Wanna place a bet on who has more TEX landings????? I bet I have just a few more then you! How about EGE, GUC, or SUN? Everytime you talk you make yourself look like more of a dumb@&&!

Last edited:
All the B.S. aside. It probably should be a special airport for AAI. 4800ft is a piece of cake for 90% of the guys out there. Its the 10% that would worry me.

Wanna place a bet on who has more TEX landings????? I bet I have just a few more then you! How about EGE, GUC, or SUN? Everytime you talk you make yourself look like more of a dumb@&&!

Mine were in a jet . . . yours were in a Beech 1900.

BTW, Ron says "high".:laugh:

Latest resources

Back