• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Alaska merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Lots of good "synergies". We only have one route that overlaps (ATL-SEA). They are on the west coast, we are on the east coast. Similar fleet types, roughly the same number of pilots. Very different business models and management styles. Any thoughts from all the players and haters on FI?

I'd rather them put up with your expectations and "major airline" pilot demands than WN.

Yep, I said it.

Flame on brother.

Gup

Can you imagine being over at Alaska and having to merge with Valuejet?

Can you imagine getting turned down by AirTran, then sulking for the next 5 years, "butting in" to every AirTran topic with nothing to say but "Valujet" . . . . .:bawling:

Can you imagine changing your screen name every few months because you get banned for juvenile behavior, yet you re-register again under a newer, stupider name, because you just can't help yourself . . . . :erm:

Can you imagine coming home from your lousy commuter gig, and finding your old lady in bed with some AirTran FO . . . . who doesn't even know who Valujet was . . . . so he just laughs at you . . . .

Apparently, you can ! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
You guys are ridiculous.

WHAN.....my flying is harder than yours..........whan......mommy give me your tit to suckle......whan....

ALA's product is 10X's better then SWA's and their ticket prices are within 10-15 bucks on most flights.

One of the execs a few months ago told a group of us that this difference was more like $1 or $2 more on most routes (I think he meant on average), but you can decide yourself. I temporarily lost my pass benefits due to medical issues a few years ago and wanted to go to Vegas for a friends birthday. Being short on cash I looked at all the options and Alaska was still the least expensive, and a non-stop to boot, compared to Southwest.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back