• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Alaska merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
gt1900, feel free to repost without the cursing (or clever ways to hide the cursing). You're free to express the fact that you believe I'm full of crap, but use a different word than the one you chose to remain in line with the ToS.

/mod

Love it how you delete a thread that calls you out! CLASSIC!

I said your full of it (insert word). You claimed AAI's flying was not that much different then ALA's. Im assuming from the previous threads that you now know you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You also claimed AAI had more international flying then ALA. Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. AAG flys to over 3X's as many international destinations as AAI and ALA flys to at least 2X's as many! The flying can't even be compared. Nuff said!

I had a Cpt get very, very nervous in ROC when they were reporting 200-1/2 with snow and winds gusting to 30 with fair breaking action. Thats a pretty regular occurance for the guys at Alaska!

Ahnah,

Did the "Cpt" pee himself or throw up on on you ? Thankfully you were there to save the day.

The AirTran 'management' team are ex US Air and they have the taint :D of that airline all over them. Merging with Airtran management would be like marrying the company bike or a Tijuana hooker.

It was in response to Z-Pilot's statement in post #4 in case you missed it.

Apologies. It was not my intention to flame up a thread with focusing on: "our pilots are better than your pilots" issue.

My intention is to point out revenue, and experience...all while making profit.

For instance, flying cargo in the state of Alaska is unique, as everything has to be flown into most of the interior Alaska. Alaska Airlines knows how to do this profitably, and knows how to do this year-round.

As far as challenging flying, anyone is capable of learning it. However, there are increased training expenses related to flying in Southeast Alaska, and interior Alaska. There are special qualifications, and IOE is longer, because one trip has to be through SE, and another trip in the Arctic. Again, Alaska can manage that profitably.

That's really all I was saying way back on page one. Both carriers have a unique niche market, and has figured out how to operate profitably in their own back yards.

With all that said, airline executives' greed easily overcome any real or "spin machine" synergies.

Love it how you delete a thread that calls you out! CLASSIC!
Yes, right before I posted an OPEN INVITATION for you to repost it without the cursing. Classic, I'm sure... But why am I not surprised you missed the obvious; you've been doing that since you got hired.

I said your full of it (insert word). You claimed AAI's flying was not that much different then ALA's. Im assuming from the previous threads that you now know you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about. You also claimed AAI had more international flying then ALA. Again, you have no idea what you are talking about. AAG flys to over 3X's as many international destinations as AAI and ALA flys to at least 2X's as many! The flying can't even be compared. Nuff said!
No, I never claimed AAI had *MORE* international flying than ALA, I said that AAI had a lot of their own international flying and, again, international flying is international flying.

If you have such a hard-on for ALA, maybe you should go there to work. I personally don't care where I work as long as the paycheck and days off are worth my while. The flying is NOT that difficult... challenging? Sure. Outright hard? No, not really, and I'd put our pilots right up there in the same capabilities as any other airline's crew members. With the proper training, AirTran pilots could fly ALA ops just as safely as anyone else. THAT was the point you keep missing, even though I keep smacking you over the head with it.

Sorry you don't feel the same about your coworkers. Why don't you go down to ops and voice your opinion about how sub-par our pilots are compared to ALA pilots. I'm sure you'll get a warm response. Just like back when you were supporting management when you first got here...

Apologies. It was not my intention to flame up a thread with focusing on: "our pilots are better than your pilots" issue.

My intention is to point out revenue, and experience...all while making profit.

For instance, flying cargo in the state of Alaska is unique, as everything has to be flown into most of the interior Alaska. Alaska Airlines knows how to do this profitably, and knows how to do this year-round.

As far as challenging flying, anyone is capable of learning it. However, there are increased training expenses related to flying in Southeast Alaska, and interior Alaska. There are special qualifications, and IOE is longer, because one trip has to be through SE, and another trip in the Arctic. Again, Alaska can manage that profitably.

That's really all I was saying way back on page one. Both carriers have a unique niche market, and has figured out how to operate profitably in their own back yards.

With all that said, airline executives' greed easily overcome any real or "spin machine" synergies.
Great post, sorry I misunderstood the intent. Happens on FI... :beer:

I'm certain the ALA pilots will continue to make ALA profitable doing their jobs safely and professionally as they always have. It's certainly challenging up there (these days I'm doing it in a 20-series Lear without EGPWS or TAWS, which sucks), but the challenge *does* make it fun at the same time versus doing YIP-LRD 4 times a week (boring, but still pays the bills). :)

no, i never claimed aai had *more* international flying than ala, i said that aai had a lot of their own international flying and, again, international flying is international flying.

oooooppppssssyyyyyyy! I think someone just steped on their junk!

Im so confused. In one post you say that AAI has more international ops then ALA, on another you say they don't. Which is it?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back