• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AirTran Alaska merger

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Just for fun and to throw some more gas on this really long and off topic thread. We are currently landing on 75 foot width X 6000 feet long in PSG. Do it just about every summer in S.E. Alaska.. How bout that for my dad is better than your dad!!

Is that Gustavus?

This thread is totally lame. I've done the Arctic, I've done SE, I've done ETOPS, I've done ORD, SFO, DCA, Mexico, whatever...point is I'm no more or less capable, better or worse than most of the pilots I have flown with. At one time I had never flown a 737, much less into JNU or SIT, but with proper training and direction I learned. With more experience, while still challenging, it becomes less of an "eye-opening" event. If we were to merge with Amerideltatranways, I'm quite sure those pilots who wanted to could be trained for flying into SE just like I once was and I'm sure I could be trained to fly into Key West or Tegucigalpa or wherever. The guys at AS who don't want to fly into SE or ORD or wherever, bid away from it. Most of the LAX pilots want nothing to to with SE and a lot of the ANC guys hate ORD. Just the way it is, doesn't make them any better or worse pilots.

Will somebody please delete this thread! It's almost as gay as watching Airways East vs West drivel. Nothing to see here folks...move along.

Can't... doesn't violate the ToS in any way, so it stays... for better or worse. :rolleyes:

Grrrrr...stupid rules. So, when are you coming back to the salt mines? Arbitrator ruling soon, or is that still in a holding pattern?

Grrrrr...stupid rules. So, when are you coming back to the salt mines? Arbitrator ruling soon, or is that still in a holding pattern?
Arbitrator is *supposed* to rule within 60 days of final briefs being submitted.

That would be a week from today.

Of course, it's been known to take 6 months, regardless of the "time limits" that are in our contract. So it could be Monday, could be Friday, could be December 25th for a Christmas present this year... who knows. Just trying to patiently wait. Nothing like having your whole life in one person's hands...

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back