• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
AirNet is looking for about 30 new pilots this year. I think it was a count of 6 in the class that was currently going on, it may have been 12, sorry, I was a little tired at the time.

Craig Washka said he was looking to fill a Feb 28 class with, I want to say 13 pilots. I know he is interviewing this week one guy was 1600/65twin, but he did have 30hrs Lear simm to his credit and another at 2000/300twin.

Real working pilot company, 6 legs, 6hr flights a night, loading and unloading own aircraft. You are paid and expected be a pilot. Just remember how much you learned your first 1000 hours of instruction, because you were up there flying every day, a couple of times a day. You will become a competent airline pilot there. Many Regional / Majors look favorable on AirNet experience on your resume.

You can expect to move around a lot positioning yourself for a Lear slot. Those guys, for the most part have a great time and earn pretty good money, expect to fly pistons about 2 years before a Lear spot though. Many 6 and 10 year pilots there.

The on-line app program will get you an interview, also, attending the air-inc and submitting resumes help, but it was useless at the Dallas Airinc show, they were not taking resumes and were pretty useless when it came to information, really unimpressed.

Apparently you can call the pilot recruitment number and talk to them, seems to happen frequently.

Hope this helps.

The current class has 6 PIC qualified guys. And I would plan longer than 2 years to upgrade to the Lear the way things are now.

As the previous post said...be prepared to work....a lot. My run when I first took it was 13.5 duty and over 6 hours flight a night...4 nights a week with a 5th night. Fortunately...it's better now. Be prepared to fly in everything. And be prepared to fly when no one else does. I took off in IAD in moderate freezing rain as I watched a FedEx DC-10 taxi back to the ramp to wait it out; not because I'm a maniac or anything...but we don't have the same restrictions as 121 carriers.

Oh ya....and be prepared to do it all for $11.00/hour. But it is fun...and I can't imagine a flying job more fun than flying a Lear in a cargo operation....unbelievable machine...especially when you can fly it the way it should be flown; i.e., without passengers.

Good luck.

"took off in IAD in moderate freezing rain"

I wouldn't brag about it.
You are lucky to still be here.

in his defense, he was not bragging in any sense of the word. he was just preparing the other guy for what he may have to deal with. you dont know the circumstances, dont be so quick to jump his case.

maybe the Fed Ex was having a problem, perhaps it was an isolated shower on the departure end of the runway, or it may have been those little ice pebbles that dont stick to anything ..only he knows ;)

not that i would take off in freezing rain. but then again, "known" icing...thats a whole 'nother ball of wax :p

Ya...that's what I was doing...bragging about it...you f-ing hump.

As wingnutt said....I'm just informing them what weather we can and do fly in safely. I was de-iced..departed within the holdover time for the conditions...the aircraft was certified for known ice...and the flight was conducted safely and professionally. Luck had nothing to do with it, tool.

And all the 121 guys were grounded b/c their OpsSpecs say they are....ours doesn't. So keep your uninformed opinion to yourself.

Good luck

But when you break it down to hours working (flying or not) it adds up to about $5.00 an hour for me. Pay's better than most but you bust your a$$ for it. It's a great place if you're single, don't mind moving (with little notice) and can give up a social life. Or you may luck out and get a stable run (what I thought I had). Routes are changing like crazy and we still have Lear pilots sitting reserve due to a loss of routes. One thing I'm scratching my head about is Mercer, the founder, just sold off a majority (or all) of his stock at a substanially low price.....never a good sign.

When I started, we had a maintenance facility and three runs out of my base. A year later we have one run and no maintenance facility. After 13 hr. nights 5 nights a week, I just got bumped out of that run for the second time in a year and have one option now......move......again. Considering that I just bought a house, that won't be feasible.

So if you get hired on, you'll be a better pilot than many out there but don't grow any roots anywhere. If you have a family make sure everyone's cool about moving..... often. You may, you may not. Plan on at LEAST 3 years to a Lear from day one. That's a loooooonnngggg time flying beat up props in crappy weather all week at night. Be prepared.

StarChecker,

Take it easy on Checks. He had the same job as you and I for quite a while.

Anyone know whats going on with this new ABE hub opening?
When i went thru indoc they told us about 3 years for the Lear Jet because of the current industry... There is a class going through that is 6 pic's and i also heard about the end of the month class... Its all due to some people leaving ie NEW, and BDL. My 2 cents is also its a great place to work if your single with an open mind... No Premadonnas here... you have to grunt, but this is what i want to be doing now.. good place

Thanks for all of the info guys. I'm pretty sure I know what I would be getting into (I think). I'm single and would love to move so no problems there. I've just got to get them to call me for an interview!!!! I know it can really suck and everything, but I don't see too many other alternatives right now if I eventually want to fly for an airline. Nobody really hires CFIs much anymore to the regionals except lakes (hoping for a call from them too!)

AirNet work? Sure it is. But as mentioned, it can be alot of fun. Taking off in freezing rain bragging? No, but it can be done safely when done properly. I personally feel that unless you have prior freight hauling experience, most people will learn alot while working at AirNet. It is amazing what you can do with an airplane SAFELY when you don't have passengers in the back to complain. Sure it is dissappointing to go from a 1 year wait to upgrade to the Lear when I was hired to what is now looking like an indefinite wait at this time. But, the work is really alot of fun and you can at least survive on the pay. It sure beats flying a desk or even teaching slow flight and stalls all day. And, to be honest, the "work" is not really that hard. It is the schedule and hours that can start to wear on you.

If you love to fly and have the self discipline to NOT try and burn the candles on both ends all the time, AirNet can be a great place to work.

Good luck
Boilerbacker

Latest resources

Back