• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airnet Interview

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
To bring this thread back to its original topic -- Riddle Momma's interview with Airnet -- I just read on Avweb that DOJ has finalized its process to allow non-citizens to begin initial training in aircraft over 12,500 lbs. I've searched around the web and haven't found any details. This jives with what a friend of mine at ACA has heard, that the airline was recently informed by DOJ that approval of the process was immenent. So, Riddle Momma, hang in there.

Now to take the thread back off track, in December I landed in a Seneca II in freezing rain. The ceilings were 1,000 MSL and the temp above 2000 MSL was above freezing. So that was a 1,000 feet of precip we had to fly through. While on the approach, the Part 121 carrriers were holding over the outer marker, trying to convice the controller to change the ATIS from freezing rain to light freezing rain. I suppose that their OpSpecs allows them to land in light freezing rain, but not freezing rain. I mention this because another poster wrote that Part 121 pilots were smart for not flying in freezing rain. So why then were these guys trying to convince the controller to change the ATIS? The message is that one must know the capabilities of the airplane and of one's own flying abilities. Think of a 300-hour instrument pilot with little or no actual time flying an approach to minimums. Legal? Yes. Safe? Doubtful. A freightdog who does this day in and day out, on the other hand, could do it with one eye closed and one hand tied behind his back. Don't judge a pilot for flying through freezing rain without being there to analyze all the facts.

What is it with some people talking about how beat up our planes are?!?!? Do they realize that paint on some of them is pretty bad, but that is only aluminum deep? What most of those who call our planes beat up don't know is that they are mostly equiped better than the planes they are flying. This includes MOST turbo props being flown by the regionals, and some Jets being flown by the majors. We might not have as many dials and buttons, but our equipment is better.

Also for the poster who said the Dallas Air Inc. show was useless for Airnet, well it might have been for you! We could only pass on the info that was given to us to. We were told not to take resumes, because Airnet is trying to go solely with the online app from now on.

To the freezing rain posts, yes there is a way to do it safely and legally. Also really i don't care whether the 121 guys go in it or not, it never even crosses my mind. But also remember, we have an ontime record of 98%+, lets see anyone else top that.

With our A.P.E kit... we can go to 9062#... so you do not need a type. However since the training is done at Flight Safety in a simulator.. thats why i think there lies the problem with non US Citizens getting into training in a simulator. As some people like to call the van.... The Flying Icy Coffin of Death... funny funny.

...not that ~100# makes a big difference in the grand scheme of things, but whats an APE kit?

APE

Aircraft payload extender.... They it allows you to carry more payload, but restricts your landing weight, adding an additional .4 to your flight in order to land under max landing weight. Externally they added 2 wing farings by the pitot tubes

Riddle momma-

There is a thread in 'Training' (or maybe General) about the new GAMA reg that is just coming out.

Check it out, it may imrove your chances.

Skies clearing

The skies are clearing for me.

Now I just have to wait for the DOJ to put out the procedure and paperwork to fill out so that I can have my chance.

Funny how they work. I just hope it is not a long time. As fun as instructing can be, I can't live off Ramen noodles for too much longer!

Thanks for all the help!

Latest resources

Back