Airlines where Pilots Clean the Cabin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TheRaven said:
Why not help clean the cabin...do you hire a maid at home to clean up after you? .

Actually yes, I do, she comes on Saturday mornings.

As far as cleaning the cabin goes, I'll help out if I have to, usually biz class, all the while cursing management for not hiring enough motherf**kin', c*cK$uckin' cleaners.

Last edited:
Saddened

Where is this going end guys? Pay-for-training, paying for type ratings to "prove" that you want the job, termination of pension plans, lowering pay and benefits, and...CLEANING AIRPLANES? Is this some sort of JOKE? There are pilots out there CLEANING AIRPLANES? And, are you telling me that there are pilots out there defending this because "a dirty airplane is a reflection on me?" I can't believe how PC this silly world of aviation has become.

Pilots cleaning airplanes. What a frickin' joke you low-cost losers are. I, for one, applaud all of my collegues who are refusing the jumpseat to these "professional pilots" that continue to degrade a once-proud profession. Please, keep up the good work.

Flame away...

clean the cabin, push wheelchairs, get strollers, what else are ya gonna do? sit in the front and pick your nose?
your not going to find any good magazines unless you get off your butt.
besides, by the time i get back to my seat the ops agent has already got the clearance and the fa has programed the fmc! it's great!!

CLCAP said:
How about working more days a month? Or maybe more hours a day? (oops...I think you guys allready tried that one) in order to support "your" company? Maybe a paycut? Or a shorter vacation? Anything to beat the competition and keep the customer happy.......with an attitude like that, airline captains will be working 25 days a year, clean cabins, drive the honey cart, load bags AND check in passengers 25 years from now.

I most definately would do all this if I only had to work 25 days a year.

flyifrvfr said:
I am not an airline pilot, but I can actually see the poster's point. Why stop with demanding the pilots clean the cabin? The pilots can also do the lav service, ticket sales, refuel. I mean you are getting paid the big bucks ( sarcasm intended) to just fly the plane, and the pay is getting higher and higher, so why not help out the other workers do thier jobs.

What would a F/A say if you asked a F/A for help doing your job. " Hey Trish, if your done with the coffee and soda, come up here and enter the new route clearance in the FMS. Or " Hey Trish, I have to clean the cabin, get the flight release and weather at our destination.

I can tell you're not an airline pilot. The pilots don't have time to anything extra but help clean the cabin, many times we have to run to ops to get paperwork, and have to get back in the flightdeck to make the turn happen. The main reasons to help clean are not to foster teamwork (although it is an important one), it's (1) to get the cabin ready quicker for pax to board and (2) to help the company save operating costs, and ensure profitability and survival. At my regional most of ours are 50 seaters and we have no cleaners except at overnights, besides if we let the FA's always clean we would be waiting on them at A/C swaps, schedule breaks, overnights, and the end of trips. Be good to your FA's and they will be good to you (usually).

My biggest bone to pick with you is your big bucks and higer and higer pay bs comment. If you were an airline pilot, you would know that we the vast majority of us have taken substantial pay and benefit cuts since (and before) the attacks of 9/11. My family is struggling to not use credit cards to fill the gas tank and buy groceries; your copilot flying your RJ dodging storms and landing in fog is making $30 K a year, and your Captain is lucky to gross over $60 K. At most of the big airlines you like to buy internet tickets on, pilots make make at least $30 to $60 K per year less than they used to, and retirement benefits and companys pensions are drastically reduced.

Finally, FA's and everyone else know that the education and experience requirements of our jobs are vastly different than theirs. At least most all of them do, and those who don't are educated quickly by an empty leg jumpseat ride. (we don't do that do we?)

Happy Easter everyone. Check 'ole J.C. out, he's worth your effort.

This subject makes my blood boil. We are professionals, we FLY airplanes, not CLEAN airplanes. Does an executive clean the company's bathrooms? Pilots who work for companies who have this type of culture are not only hurting their own careers, they are hurting the rest of our careers and I take it personally. JetBlue and their "we are all equal" attitude is complete BS. I don't give a crap if Needleman cleans the bathrooms or throws bags. It's for publicity only. I feel pilots who defend this are sellouts. Sellouts to themselves, sellouts to other professional pilots, and sellouts to the whole profession.

vtpilotmj said:
This subject makes my blood boil. We are professionals, we FLY airplanes, not CLEAN airplanes. Does an executive clean the company's bathrooms? Pilots who work for companies who have this type of culture are not only hurting their own careers, they are hurting the rest of our careers and I take it personally. JetBlue and their "we are all equal" attitude is complete BS. I don't give a crap if Needleman cleans the bathrooms or throws bags. It's for publicity only. I feel pilots who defend this are sellouts. Sellouts to themselves, sellouts to other professional pilots, and sellouts to the whole profession.

Those are some pretty strong views for someone with a whopping 2K hrs.

vtpilotmj said:

Looks like you have a wealth of experience to back up your statements. Back to school kiddo.

vtpilotmj said:
vtpilotmj

Do us a favor, don't apply to JBlue, SWA, or any one else. With that attitude, I wouldn't enjoy flying with you!

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest resources

Back