Airlines where Pilots Clean the Cabin

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

GE CF34-3B1

Just rode on Jetblue and when I got off, I noticed that the pilot's were putting on blue latex gloves and cleaning the cabin. I find that pretty degrading. I appreciate the ride, but I still find that a big disgrace to the whole piloting industry.

What's up with this new trend of pilot's becoming cabin cleaners? I work for a shi.ty regional airline, and I don't even have to do that. I know Airtran does NOT do this, because my friend works there and I asked him. And I'm pretty sure that SWA does not do this either. Can some SWA pilots confirm this for me.

If there are any other airlines out there that require cabin cleaning from the pilots, can you please post them. THANKS!!

Last edited:
I am a captain for AirTran, I have no problem grabbing a trash bag and helping out on a quick turn. I know of many pilots who do this. The cleanliness of my airplane is a reflection of me and my company. I do every thing I can to see that our passengers want to fly us again. If your company paid you 125k a year you might want to do every thing possible to keep them in business too. I have always tried to lead by example.

Fletch

Last edited:
GE CF34-3B1 said:
Just rode on Jetblue and when I got off, I noticed that the pilot's were putting on blue latex gloves and cleaning the cabin.
you sure they weren't giving some of the pax complimentary prostate exams?

This BS has been posted over and over. Even if you're airline doesn't have a tradition/procedure of helping out in the back, why not help if you're done up front? I love going down and getting baby strollers for pax. You're at work, so work.

Way to pretend you just discovered this fact. Someone has a hard-on for JetBlue. Do you also deny the jumpseat to B6 pilots?

I will always, if I have the time, assist the cabin crew in cleaning the cabin. At some stations, we have cabin cleaning staff whose sole purpose is to clean, and therefore I do not. But if the cabin crew is cleaning, so am I. Nothing degrading about it at all. It's called teamwork and being a gentleman. Like helping do chores around the house.

Now sit down for this one: I help the cabin crew cross belts and pick up newspapers when I jumpseat. They gave me a free ride to work several hundred miles for free, the least I could do is help them gather newspapers. Oh the humanity.

Let me guess. You stand at the cockpit door with your empty coffee cup in hand waiting until you crew is done cleaning so they can pour you a new cup of joe, right? You call up in cruise for a can of soda? Oh your crew can help you, but you can't help your crew. It's degrading! No, what is degrading is the fact that some people feel they are "above" assisting as a way to show appreciation for your crewmembers and improving the quality of your product.

A plus,

Le Pilote

Latest resources

Back