• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Industry watchers wonder who will fold next

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I guarantee you WHEN we win this war on global terrorism you and Hillary will claim that you supported it all along. We'll know the truth though, won't we!!

That's laughable! You'd have more success trying to win a global war on cockroaches. The best way to ensure that we have an endless supply of islamic extremists willing to martyr themselves is to invade their lands and stay there indefinitely. If you want to slow the production of terrorists, you need to remove the fuel that is feeding the fire (yeah, that's us). I'm all for fighting the terrorists, but let's keep working on rooting them out while they are making their plans and executing them, not by occupying their backyards and creating fertile conditions for the creation of more jihadists.

seriously bored w/ this--
We're not red/blue anymore than any subject is black/white-- but you guys on both sides keep picking sides where you believe one side is all right and the other is all wrong.
I'm a liberal socially- and conservative financially- i didn't support the war in iraq- not bc anything you are saying isn't true about saddam- but that it was a misallocation of resources at the time- we simply don't have the resources to take out every dictator- We could've stayed behind the scenes and influenced the people fighting for themselves and had a better impact- like afghanistan in the 80's- this all out war, i felt like there were a whole lot better uses for $200billion a year that would give me security than going full bore into iraq-(ie:border security-port inspections, police investigations into the next terror plot, etc)- I think that decision was based on destabilizing the area-and also providing a market for war services companies... which has led to increased oil prices- i DON'T think that's the only reason- but it has led to it- and since Bush's family business IS oil- why would we expect him to do something that would allow for cheap oil....Since Cheney's business is war services- this achieved two things for these guys... i believe they are corrupt. They haven't proven me wrong.
I believe many of you want to go to war, yet call yourself christian- that's hypocritical- mr. peace sign is the footprint of the american chicken- don't put war on a pedestal- my father fought in vietnam and is a patriot- grandfather a WWII vet- war is not desirable-i don't have a cowardly or passive bone in my body- i just believe we went beyond where we should have gone w/ this one. And i don't believe the reasons given for it.
Now that we have screwed up Iraq-- i'll be voting for Obama and write him once a month to tell him to not leave Iraq in a destabilized way. That we can't do again what we did in the 1st war. Let's finish it. Like Charlie Wilson's war- let's not 'f^ck up the end-game'
I don't support Bush b/c of his stance on social issues. I believe gays should be able to marry-- my cousin is gay- and her and her partner have a fantastic and healthy relationship- is it the place of the government to tell people how to live their private lives? In america the only correct answer is no.
I don't support Bush b/c he spends and spends, but doesn't raise taxes. I don't like taxes- but some gov't functions are necessary- strong military- strong education- travel infrastructure- Any problem arises and he just throws money at it- and that does not work- and every republican knows that (ie:social welfare)

You can't throw money at problems w/o raising revenue in some way- You don't simply mortgage the future by getting loans from Chinese banks who do not in any way have the same beliefs as you do. (ie:child labor/human rights, etc)
I don't support Bush b/c the NMB is a 3 person cabinet appointment- and though i've done everything i've ever been asked in terms of pulling myself up by the bootstraps and achieving- i have been absolutely raped by the NMB and the stabilization board and the judges who allowed for tremendous ceo compensation at the expense of the employee. Republicans voted for these people and i don't appreciate that.
I believe that the presidency does have influence over many many things- It's not inconsequential- or else you wouldn't blame bill clinton for so much. I don't like republicans b/c so many are hypocrits. Who cares about a blowjob??
The problem w/ lefties is that we are intelligent enough to know that our guys arent perfect- but battle in a popularity contest against a republican constituency who will not acknowledge the same for their leaders.

Why do so many of you support Bush- but don't care to know where he was during Vietnam? Why does he get a pass?

He has placed people he owed political favors to into power instead of competent and outstanding ones. I don't support him bc he does not engage in any version of CRM-- open communication and ability to speak truth to power is important for our airplanes- but not the presidency? But that doesn't make me a 'leftist' --
I want someone who will spend our money wisely-- Neither party represents that. You're a fool if you think yours does.

Last edited:
That's laughable! You'd have more success trying to win a global war on cockroaches. The best way to ensure that we have an endless supply of islamic extremists willing to martyr themselves is to invade their lands and stay there indefinitely. If you want to slow the production of terrorists, you need to remove the fuel that is feeding the fire (yeah, that's us). I'm all for fighting the terrorists, but let's keep working on rooting them out while they are making their plans and executing them, not by occupying their backyards and creating fertile conditions for the creation of more jihadists.

very well said

wars against intangibles (ie:drug war) are ways of spending a lot of money... that's it... they usually just make the problem worse...

So much for discussing the article about airlines....:rolleyes:

The tag line at flightinfo should be: "Ten Minutes of Your Life You'll Never Get Back."

Next airlines to disappear?

NWA (by way of DAL)
LCC (by way of UAUA)

So I guess Saddam killed the Khurds with French's mustard and not mustard gas (which by the way is a WMD).

And when that happened, we didn't give a hoot, plus let's not forget, we helped Saddam in the war against Iran.

However, the ME is a better place without Saddam, but not by much!

These quotes only became "lies" when a Republican entered office (15 minutes of your life is now gone!)...

"One way or the other, we are determined to deny Iraq the capacity to develop weapons of mass destruction and the missiles to deliver them.
That is our bottom line." - President Clinton, Feb. 4, 1998

"If Saddam rejects peace and we have to use force, our purpose
is clear. We want to seriously diminish the threat posed by Iraq's
weapons of mass destruction program." - President Clinton, Feb. 17, 1998

"Iraq is a long way from [here], but what happens there matters
a great deal here. For the risks that the leaders of ! a rogue state
will use nuclear, chemical or biological weapons against us or our allies
is the greatest security threat we face."
- Madeline Albright, Feb 18, 1998

"He will use those weapons of mass destruction again, as he has
ten times since 1983."
- Sandy Berger, Clinton National Security Adviser, Feb, 18, 1998

"We urge you, after consulting with Congress, and consistent with the U.S. Constitution and laws, to take necessary actions (including,
if appropriate, air and missile strikes on suspect Iraqi sites) to
respond effectively to the threat posed by Iraq's refusal to end its weapons of mass destruction programs." - Letter to President Clinton, signed by Sens. Carl Levin (D-MI), Tom Daschle (D-SD), John Kerry ( D-MA), and others Oct. 9, 1998

"Saddam Hussein has been engaged in the development of weapons
of mass destruction technology which is a threat to countries in the
region and he has made a mockery of the weapons inspection process." - Rep. Nancy Pelosi (D-CA), Dec. 16, 1998

"Hussein has ... chosen to spend his money on building weapons
of mass destruction and palaces for his cronies."
- Madeline Albright, Clinton Secretary of State, Nov. 10, 1999

"There is no doubt that ... Saddam Hussein has invigorated his
weapons programs. Reports indicate that biological, chemical and
nuclear programs continue apace and may be back to pre-Gulf War status. In
addition, Saddam continues to redefine delivery systems and is doubtless
using the cover of a licit missile program to develop longer-range
missiles that will threaten the United States and our allies." - Letter to President Bush, Signed by Sen. Bob Graham (D-FL,)
and others, December 5, 2001

"We begin with the common belief that Saddam Hussein is a tyrant
and threat to the peace and stability of the region. He has ignored the mandate of the United Nations and is building weapons of mass
destruction and the means of delivering them." - Sen. Carl Levin (D-MI), Sept. 19, 2002

"We know that he has stored secret supplies of biological and
chemical weapons throughout his country." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"Iraq's search for weapons of mass destruction has proven
impossible to deter and we should assume that it will continue for as long as
Saddam is in power." - Al Gore, Sept. 23, 2002

"We have known for many years that Saddam Hussein is seeking and developing weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA), Sept. 27, 2002

"The last UN weapons inspectors left Iraq in October of 1998. We are confident that Saddam Hussein retains some stockpiles of chemical
and biological weapons, and that he has since embarked on a crash
course to build up his chemical and biological warfare capabilities.
Intelligence reports indicate that he is seeking nuclear weapons..." - Sen. Robert Byrd (D-WV), Oct. 3, 2002

"I will be voting to give the President of the United States the authority to use force-- if necessary-- to disarm Saddam Hussein because I believe that a deadly arsenal of weapons of mass destruction in
his hands is a real and grave threat to our security." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D-MA), Oct. 9, 2002

"There is unmistakable evidence that Saddam Hussein is working
aggressively to develop nuclear weapons and w! ill likely have nuclear
weapons within the next five years ... We also should remember we have
always underestimated the progress Saddam has made in development of weapons of mass destruction." - Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV), Oct 10, 2002

"He has systematically violated, over the course of the past 11
years, every significant UN resolution that has demanded that he disarm
and destroy his chemical and biological weapons, and any nuclear
capacity. This he has refused to do." - Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA), Oct! . 10, 2002

"In the four years since the inspectors left, intelligence reports show that Saddam Hussein has worked to rebuild his chemical and
biological weapon stock, his missile delivery capability, and his nuclear
program. He has also given aid, comfort, and sanctuary to terrorists, including al Qaeda members. It is clear, however, that if left unchecked Saddam Hussein will continue to increase his capacity to wage
biological and chemical warfare, and will keep trying to develop nuclear
weapons." - Sen. Hillary Clinton (D-NY), Oct 10, 2002

"We are in possession of what I think to be compelling evidence that Saddam Hussein has, and has had for a number of years, a developing capacity for the production and storage of weapons of mass
destruction."
- Sen. Bob Graham (D-FL), Dec. 8, 2002

"Without question, we need to disarm Saddam Hussein. He is a
brutal, murderous dictator, leading an oppressive regime ... He presents a
particularly! grievous threat because he is so consistently prone to
miscalculation .. And now he is miscalculating America's response to his continued deceit and his consistent grasp for weapons of mass destruction... So the threat of Saddam Hussein with weapons of mass destruction
is real." - Sen. John F. Kerry (D-MA), Jan. 23. 2003

Sorry, but our president sits at the helm and sets the tone for this country's economic movement.

Nothing but bad news since this guy moved into the White House.

Yet the people voted for him. The economic boom of the early and mid decade was a boom built on credit. People were getting mortgages and credit cards, who shouldn't have ever qualified for them. Bush made it easier, and so did that old geyser Greenspan by driving down interest rates. But sooner or later, that borrowed money needs to be reapaid, and people are not able to repay their mortgages and credit card debt. This economic stimulus package is a joke! All Bush is trying to do is sugarcoat a bad situation with the economy. The US is in severe debt. We wasted how many trillions on the war in Iraq, which he have failed? Who do you think is going to pay for this? We, the people will, sooner or later, as we watch our taxes elevate. Bush tried to run the country like a business. This is a country, not a business. His cowboy tactics of going in and installing democracies in regions that are pro Islamic Republic (Iraq, Afghanistan) are off base as well. Under Bush, more world treaties have been violated than ever. Plus, tax breaks to oil companies as they reap record profits and rape the American people over the price of gas? Or the tax breaks sending jobs to China and India, putting Americans out of work, and fueling the economies of China and India? And he and his idiot sidekick has turned us from being one of the most admired countries to one of the most hated countries. I would love to see all the corruption exposed while he has been in office. Yes, they all do it, Republicans and Democrats, but to what magnitude? Now he's pissed at Carter for going over to Hamas and trying to broker peace, making him look even more stupider than he is.

January 21, 2009
End of the Bush Error

Last edited:
So I guess Saddam killed the Khurds with French's mustard and not mustard gas (which by the way is a WMD).

I'm not disputing that.

We had that country locked down. Economic sanctions, no fly north and south. Which I proudly patrolled.

And all of a sudden they are this massive threat? Saddam is a horrible person, the world is filled with horrible people. I guess when you aren't the luck suck who has to go out there and fight someone- a bleeding heart liberal nation building campaign seems pretty cool.

Latest resources

Back