• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Industry watchers wonder who will fold next

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Thats what happens when you hood wink 50 percent of the population into thinking Iraq and 9-11 are one in the same. When in reality, the "Bushies" thought: Heck boys lets go to Iraq kick some arse and then bring them Iraqis democracy, which will lead to this desperately needed oil region to become a stabilized region.

How simple minded they were.

And how ignorant you are! Over-simplification is the tool of simple minds. Sending troops into Iraq is far more complex of an issue than most simple minds can comprehend, therefore they try to over-simplify the issue, then they throw in a dash political slant and BAM!- you get Max Powers, Poster boy for simple mindedness.

Where were you 5 years ago Einstein? Probably agreeing with Hillary that we should go into Iraq. But now, just like her, you're flip/flopping because it takes courage to stand by your convictions. And that is something neither one of you has - the courage to make a difficult decision when no matter what you decide people will criticize it. People like you determine which way the political winds are blowing and jump on the bandwagon.

I guarantee you WHEN we win this war on global terrorism you and Hillary will claim that you supported it all along. We'll know the truth though, won't we!!

By the way, would it be too much to ask for you left-leaners to try to have a grown-up discussion about any topic without your moronic "blame Bush" mantra?

I mean, it's making you sound a little mentally ill.

And how ignorant you are! Over-simplification is the tool of simple minds. Sending troops into Iraq is far more complex of an issue than most simple minds can comprehend, therefore they try to over-simplify the issue, then they throw in a dash political slant and BAM!- you get Max Powers, Poster boy for simple mindedness.

Where were you 5 years ago Einstein? Probably agreeing with Hillary that we should go into Iraq. But now, just like her, you're flip/flopping because it takes courage to stand by your convictions. And that is something neither one of you has - the courage to make a difficult decision when no matter what you decide people will criticize it. People like you determine which way the political winds are blowing and jump on the bandwagon.

I guarantee you WHEN we win this war on global terrorism you and Hillary will claim that you supported it all along. We'll know the truth though, won't we!!

Many people, myself included, believed going to war with Iraq was a wise decision based on misleading information provided by our govt. Sadaam was a horrible guy. So are the leaders of N. Korea, Iran and half the African Continent. We cannot and should not police the world. No flip flop here. Rather a feeling of disappointment in my govt. for selling this unjustified war. Global terrorism will not be solved in Iraq!

Many people, myself included, believed going to war with Iraq was a wise decision based on misleading information provided by our govt. Sadaam was a horrible guy. So are the leaders of N. Korea, Iran and half the African Continent. We cannot and should not police the world. No flip flop here. Rather a feeling of disappointment in my govt. for selling this unjustified war. Global terrorism will not be solved in Iraq!

Global terrorism will not be solved without stability in Iraq. And not the type of stability created by a dictator who sponsors terrorism throughout the world. (i.e Sadaam)

Misleading Information - You mean you don't think Sadaam used weapons of mass destruction against his own people. Even the liberal rag newspapers reported that fact. If he used them against his own people don't you think he might someday be inclined to use them on another enemy? He didn't use them on Israel, nor on the US but someday when he thought their use would result in a victory for him (as opposed to suicide as in the examples above) he would certainly have dug them up.

Global terrorism will not be solved without stability in Iraq. And not the type of stability created by a dictator who sponsors terrorism throughout the world. (i.e Sadaam)

Misleading Information - You mean you don't think Sadaam used weapons of mass destruction against his own people. Even the liberal rag newspapers reported that fact. If he used them against his own people don't you think he might someday be inclined to use them on another enemy? He didn't use them on Israel, nor on the US but someday when he thought their use would result in a victory for him (as opposed to suicide as in the examples above) he would certainly have dug them up.

To add to above...Sadaam's WMD's would have been sold to terrorists to use against the US. And now other radical regimes who may have, or get, nuclear technology may sell weapons to terrorists to use against the US. This is the REAL threat to our homeland!

Last edited:
The problem I have is with us being world police. Was Saddam a bad guy? Absolutely!! Did he do terrible things to his people? Yeah, he did. Was it our job to remove him from power? I don't think so. How about his neighbors, how about an internal revolt? How about the murders and intimidation that happen all-day, every day in Africa? Doesn't really seem to suit us there, even though the same and worse is happening. I'm sure some of you guys have been to the middle east. Step back and ask yourself, knowing what you know of the culture there, if you really think at this time, that democracy has a chance in most countries of the middle east. If you really think about it, you might be surprised at what you find. I am not a left-wing lib donkey, and I am not a right-wing neo-conserv. I just look at things as objectively as I can, and it seems to me we only want to help or liberate oppressed people when it aids in our agenda. Flame away!!! :rolleyes:

box

Latest resources

Back