• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airline Industry watchers wonder who will fold next

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I'm voting for whoever can assassinate this inane thread.
Wish there was that much passion for the profession. :smash:

I'm voting for whoever can assassinate this inane thread.
Wish there was that much passion for the profession. :smash:

Sorry, as a member of the "Inane Thread Party", It's my goal to keep as many Inane Threads going as possible.

In that vein, I will now make some stupid political assertion, sure to incite and inflame and generate several more pages of drivel and vitriol.

Here goes: Bush, Hillary and Obama have been doing 'three-ways' at Camp David for the past several months. Cheney was in the closet filming it all for later distribution via his soon-to-be-revealed adult toy website--"Dick's Etc.". :D TC

Many people, myself included, believed going to war with Iraq was a wise decision based on misleading information provided by our govt. Sadaam was a horrible guy. So are the leaders of N. Korea, Iran and half the African Continent. We cannot and should not police the world. No flip flop here. Rather a feeling of disappointment in my govt. for selling this unjustified war. Global terrorism will not be solved in Iraq!

Your right! We evidentally got bad information from our forgien intelligence and national security agencies about WMD he had left, we knew that he had them at one time. Oh by the way, these agencies and the military lost billions of dollars of funding during the Clinton administration. Money he used to sell a "balancing of the budget" to us. Then Bush takes the media bashing about our intel, the equiptment we send our military to war with, and then questions our ability to end the situation.

To all the "End the War Now" types, keep in mind that we were in Germany 40 years after WWII and we still have a presence in Korea. It's going to take awhile before we are out of Iraq. That should have been thought of by our Democratic flip-flop senator/congressmen before they voted for the war in the first place. Doesn't really matter, we are there now. We need to support and fully fund everthing that we can to end it as quickly but correctly (not just pulling out and leaving a horrible mess to deal with later).

Last edited:
I am not defending the amount of money we spend on illegal aliens, however, the fact remains that the reason our dollar is at it lowest valuation ever is due to this administration's willingness to fund the two wars we are in by printing more cash. Simple economics, supply goes up and the price declines...
Our dollar is at the lowest valuation because multiple reasons. Some of the driving factors are that the Democrats support a "World Economy" in other words our economy has to come down to balance other countries economies to be on a level playing field. Another is our williness to allow our companies to outsource labor around the world. We're to big headed to pick lettuce for a few cents per head, or pay $3 a head for homegrown lettuce at the grocery, so someone else will be payed to do it and we lose yet another industry. The Walmartization of our industries. Now in an economic downturn we look for someone to blame. Might as well be the president, becuase we would never, never blame ourselves.

Last edited:
Your right! We evidentally got bad information from our forgien intelligence and national security agencies about WMD he had left, we knew that he had them at one time. Oh by the way, these agencies and the military lost billions of dollars of funding during the Clinton administration. Money he used to sell a "balancing of the budget" to us. Then Bush takes the media bashing about our intel, the equiptment we send our military to war with, and then questions our ability to end the situation.

To all the "End the War Now" types, keep in mind that we were in Germany 40 years after WWII and we still have a presence in Korea. It's going to take awhile before we are out of Iraq. That should have been thought of by our Democratic flip-flop senator/congressmen before they voted for the war in the first place. Doesn't really matter, we are there now. We need to support and fully fund everthing that we can to end it as quickly but correctly (not just pulling out and leaving a horrible mess to deal with later).

We got out of Vietnam real quick and now look where they are today...........like nothing ever happened.

Latest resources

Back