Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airbus trepidation... convince me otherwise!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bid the plane that'll give you the best QOL in pay & time off. I myself will always be a "McDonnell Douglas" guy but the best advice I got for the Bus was to embrace and don't fight the Airbus logic. Like the Borg..."resistance is futile..." BTW, if you're about 6'2" & under you'll be able to stand up straight in the cockpit to stretch your legs! Good luck

Not to rub salt in the wound but I'd be more worried about the bankrupcy payrates on the AA 319 than the airplane itself.

Here is an important safety tip. Normal Law doesn't apply to the rudder. It is possible... while in normal law... to spin the airbus. It isn't easy to get it to enter, but it can be done if you time it right and get the rudder input to overpower the ailerons and elevator. At the end of my sim training, we were doing perfect 1 turn spins and recovering on target headings. All sorts of fun!

+1 on what Dan said- great story and great link!

I'm not in the least qualified to tell airline pilots about their airplanes, but this remark hit home with me.

I learned latter that the Zen Masters figured this thought pattern out a long time ago, it's called 'The Beginner's Mind'.

Latest resources

Back