Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Airbus trepidation... convince me otherwise!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Why then encourage a free competitive market? Even my favorite guns are not made in the US anymore ... :(
I like German cars but I buy American .. Ford yes I know some are made in Canada etc but.. Corporate went for cheap labor and it shows.. Most stuff does not last anymore and it's made in China.. They have a emerging middle class and ours... Well...

I buy American too, but pilots don't buy airplanes. Outsourcing is not an issue here either, as both Airbus and Boeing produce using suppliers from around the world. And both produce excellent machines.

I saw a break down not long ago showing an airbus and a boeing. And when you looked at were the parts were made there was only like a 2 % difference between the two. There was a whole lot of parts on an airbus that are made in the USA. GE engines goodyear tires. The only difference was the final assembly. Last time I checked they sure made a lot of the 787 in other parts of the world. I get your point. But as Steve Jobs told Obama "those jobs are gone and they are not coming back"

I saw a break down not long ago showing an airbus and a boeing. And when you looked at were the parts were made there was only like a 2 % difference between the two. There was a whole lot of parts on an airbus that are made in the USA. GE engines goodyear tires. The only difference was the final assembly. Last time I checked they sure made a lot of the 787 in other parts of the world. I get your point. But as Steve Jobs told Obama "those jobs are gone and they are not coming back"

More importantly is the difference in philosophy of the fly by wire.

More importantly is the difference in philosophy of the fly by wire.

Non-issue. Like Miyagi says, "Different, but same."

The only thing I wish the bus had was interlinked back-driven control sticks. Other than that, it's great; and nice to have the yoke GONE.

Buy / Fly American and help save the Nation! Outsourcing has destroyed the U.S.

Its unfortunate but a Boeing is not an american plane anymore. Parts from Brazil, South Korea, China and Japan. The Airbus might have the same amount of american parts in it. About half the engine core and maybe some collins parts.

Its unfortunate but a Boeing is not an american plane anymore. Parts from Brazil, South Korea, China and Japan. The Airbus might have the same amount of american parts in it. About half the engine core and maybe some collins parts.

Prob true but at least the company is an American one based here supporting familys here not in France ..it's something ..

Latest resources

Back