• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin holding recruiting sessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I heard Air Willie is very senior and it will be a while before you upgrarde. Can anyone confirm this? I know its hard to tell what upgrade will be, but how long is it currently to upgrade?is it closer to 3-4 or 6-7 years?

flyer172r said:
Sorry if this has been asked before, but with the transition to US Air flying are they still planning on keeping the crew base in ORD? If so, how senior is it?

Unless there is more to it than I know, Air Wisconsin will not have a presence at ORD anymore after mid-November. They've been replaced at UAL.

ORD as a crew base goes bye bye at the end of this month.

I think the guys that are getting ready for upgrade are in the 3-4 year range at this moment,of course that's just today.

blackbox said:
I heard Air Willie is very senior and it will be a while before you upgrarde. Can anyone confirm this? I know its hard to tell what upgrade will be, but how long is it currently to upgrade?is it closer to 3-4 or 6-7 years?

Expect this will start to run in the 3 year range. A lot of people are resigning, (160+ for the year), more than 50% of those are Captains. This is due mainly to somewhat broken "promises" by the company and people made plans and changes based on that info. When the lie was discovered that broke the camels back. They are activly trying to get those living around the east coast or those that will join knowing what is going on. The commute for most, (about 70% of AWAC pilots live west of the mississippi) is killing them based on the schedules and ability to acutually get to work.

Junior manning is rampant due to understaffing, commuter difficulties etc. If you live out east or figure commuting is not a problem then this is would be a great place for you.

Last edited:
as for the "computer game simulator", awac wants to see if you want the job by doing this. the sim is based on a king air i believe, but the way you handle yourself and the way you interact with the guy giving the sim is what they look at. personality and how easy you are to work with is what the sim is all about.

Do they hire folks at time lower than Mins? (Me= 975/110, Fulll-time CFI)

dueguard1 said:
Do they hire folks at time lower than Mins? (Me= 975/110, Fulll-time CFI)

Seen lower time guys than that hired. I don't think it's as much about experience as it is about personality

Job offer

Received CRJ job offer below minimums (1000/250)

During interview they asked if we were okay with a 7 year upgrade. Due to their pilot losses per month, that doesn't seem entirely accurate, though.

I took another offer because I'm not a fan of Philly Cheese Steaks.

Latest resources

Back