• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin holding recruiting sessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
What are they looking for at these information sessions?? Are they doing interviews, or is it more of a meet and greet? Any advice on do's and dont's? Thnx.

Atccfi said:
Anyone go to the one in VA.? How did it go? Wish I would of known about it....

Quite a few people showed up. I think that almost everyone got an interview, even some people with 800 hours. The HR lady said that the upgrade is running at around 3 years and 4 months as of now.

Atccfi said:
What are they looking for at these information sessions?? Are they doing interviews, or is it more of a meet and greet? Any advice on do's and dont's? Thnx.

Do dress nice and convince them that you can pass training. Don't be a douchebag or a fcukwad. You'll still have to go to ATW for the actual interview.

SiuDude said:
Do dress nice and convince them that you can pass training. Don't be a douchebag or a fcukwad. You'll still have to go to ATW for the actual interview.

Sounds so simple, but some people just can't get it...

Philly...

Any airline having a crewbase in Philadelphia should be handing out extra life insurance and injury liability wavers. Did my time there... pack your bullet proof vests, boys and girls. And a little advice... no unusual hand signs above the glare sheild... never know what that could cause! :laugh:

Atccfi said:

Are you going to try and get to MEM Atccfi? Man I wish I kept a better eye on our company website so you could have gotten to the one here in DC. They don't really keep us informed on this stuff. Good Luck Bro...sounds like this might be your chance!

So any idea how long to get off reserve? How about quality of schedules, are lines commutable? I know you guys have one of the best commuter clauses in the biz, but do you have to crash pad it or buy hotel rooms as a line holder.

Also wondering about how senior the DCA base is, or will become.

OPECJet said:
So any idea how long to get off reserve? How about quality of schedules, are lines commutable? I know you guys have one of the best commuter clauses in the biz, but do you have to crash pad it or buy hotel rooms as a line holder.

Rumor has it that maybe 3 months at max on reserve, but I'll belive it when I see myself with a line.
DCA went senior because of the ease of commuteability (if thats a word)

OPECJet said:

Better to get a crash pad, hotels in PHL run about $44 a night DCA $85!!
Schedules and lines are mixed. Some have all early starts late finishes others have one or the other. Commuting from some areas has been a pain but we are now CASS so that will help.

Here is the breakdown for PHL in NOV (lowest are CDO lines)

NUMBER OF BLOCKS 111 HIGHEST LOWEST AVERAGE
Credit Hours 96.48 56.05 84.18
Block Hours 94.44 24.03 79.39

Days Off 16 12 12.71
Reserve lines 16

DCA

NUMBER OF BLOCKS 18 HIGHEST LOWEST AVERAGE
Credit Hours 93.40 55.19 76.35
Block Hours 81.12 48.46 67.59

Days Off 16 12 14.06

commuting?

Do many of you guys that already work there commute from MSP. WOuld anyone else have an idea on how hard it would be to live in MN and fly to work?

Pretty green on this kind of stuff and don't know where to start asking or looking.

Latest resources

Back