• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Wisconsin holding recruiting sessions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Don't blow off the sim prep guys. While you can get hired without it you could also make a great impression during the sim prep. It counts for something.

Atccfi said:
What are they looking for at these information sessions?? Are they doing interviews, or is it more of a meet and greet? Any advice on do's and dont's? Thnx.

Dress nice and bring your resume to the information session. They'll probably ask questions like "what do you know about AWAC" and "why you would like to work for them". They may also ask your availability for class dates. My class date started only 4 days after they called me so keep your schedules open.

F16fixer said:
Do many of you guys that already work there commute from MSP. WOuld anyone else have an idea on how hard it would be to live in MN and fly to work?

Pretty green on this kind of stuff and don't know where to start asking or looking.

MSP has a high number of commuters, it's been easy to commute to ORD. PHL may be a different story, but we have descent commute policy.

Thanks for the replies. Gotta keep options open.

What is the format of a pilot recruitment session? Do applicants have a "meet and greet" with the AWAC personel, or is there a formal organized portion. I see that the recruitment session is from 8-12 on Thursday. How long does one spend at the recruitment session?

Every 30 minutes they do a company overview, then you just sit around and wait for someone to call you into a brief 10 min interview. Takes about 2 hr total...it all depends on when you get there and how many people are before you. Dress Nice, bring a resume and know why you want to work for AWAC and know something about the company. Good Luck to all

WTF they are so hard up, why dont they call the well qualified people back that send stuff in, oh well got on with a company that cares about me, screw air willie

dwstl2327 said:
oh well got on with a company that cares about me

Hold on to that blanky tightly!!! Not saying you missed out on anything by not coming here...but reality's a b*tch.

Congrads on the new gig.

Awac

I went to the session today and it was a breeze. I was the only pilot there at the time, and I did the pilot over view one on one and the interview pretty much at the same time. "Why do you want ot work for AWAC?" Only question she asked... Then typical checkride failures/infractions, accidents etc. Very cool, very relaxed, no pressure. Nov. 7th class is full. No interview dates yet. The whole thing took me 30 minutes. Awesome company. Good luck.

samfu_1 said:
What is the format of a pilot recruitment session? Do applicants have a "meet and greet" with the AWAC personel, or is there a formal organized portion. I see that the recruitment session is from 8-12 on Thursday. How long does one spend at the recruitment session?

Latest resources

Back