Upcoming Pilot Recruitment Session:

Wednesday, October 19th, 2005
8am - 4pm
Thursday, October 20th, 2005
8am - 12 noon
Holiday Inn Select
2240 Democrat Road
Memphis, TN 38132
**Please check back at our web site again soon for upcoming sessions to be held in Cincinnati, OH. Date will be announced in the future.**

• 1000 hours total flight time
  • 250 hours multi-engine
  • ATP written by date of hire
  • 1st class medical
  • Valid Passport
Air Wisconsin is currently accepting resumes for First Officer positions.
Compensation
Wages for Pilots are set by the collective bargaining agreement between AWAC and the Air Line Pilots Association, International (ALPA).
First Officer
British Aerospace 146 and Canadair Regional Jet - $22.99 per block hour for the first year (146-$39.99 and CRJ-$33.55 after 1 year)(effective 10/01/05)
Captain
Canadair Regional Jet - $54.22 per block hour for the first year.(effective 10/01/05)

Pilots also receive per diem of $1.40 per hour beginning from the time of check in at domicile until check out at domicile.
Minimum Pay Guarantee
All pilots – 75 hours per month
The maximum a line can be built to is 95 flight hours per month
Guaranteed Days Off
All Pilots – 12 days per month
Training
AWAC does not require new pilots to pay for training or sign a training contract. Basic indoctrination is for two weeks in Appleton, WI. Systems ground school is held in Appleton, WI or Denver, CO for the British Aerospace 146, and in Appleton, WI for the Canadair Regional Jet. Pay during training is 2.5 hours per day at the rate for the equipment you are training for (i.e. a Canadair Regional Jet Pilot would receive $57.98 per day). Single occupancy hotel rooms are provided for each pilot.
Duty and Trip Rig
Pilots are paid the greater of:
  • One hour of flight pay for every 2.0 hours of duty
  • One hour of flight pay for every 4 trip hours
  • 3 hour minimum for each calendar day
  • Actual flight time
  • Scheduled flight time
Domiciles
Our crew domiciles include:
  • Philadelphia, PA
  • Washington, D.C.
  • Norfolk, VA
NOTE: Resumes are only accepted for positions that are listed under our Current Openings. The resume or cover letter must indicate the position(s) of interest. Resumes with no position listed or indicating "Any Open Positions" will not be accepted or retained and will be discarded. To view our Applicant Policy, click here.
NOTE: All employment is contingent upon passing a federally required 10-year background check and pre-employment drug screen. If hired, you will be required to complete an extensive application that will be used to complete the background check and may be required to clear a FBI Fingerprint process. All statements must be accurate and if anything is found to be false, it could result in disqualification.

Any connection between Memphis, and Cinccy and NW, and Comair? HR people with a brain, now that is refreshing!

Last edited:
I don't know why they keep posting info for the 146. You stand a better chance of instantly being named as the Pope than flying that plane.
A great company though. Been rocky moving bases, but it's going to keep eveyone flying.

They can't be too desperate for pilots. I know many well qualified people who have their stuff in, and update regularly, who have not received a call.

Aggressive

Gotta be Semi Aggressive with these folks. I had my stuff in and never recieved a call. Finally I went to the open house job recruiting they held in one of the cities. Even if you attend that, they still want you to go for a second interview in Appleton. Even with all the time I have in the CRJ they still want me to fly they're computer game simulator. Whatever floats their boat??
Overall I am impressed by this Regional Airline, I just hope they really do treat their pilots well. If you're unhappy where your at, I suggest you give this company a chance. I am hoping to not have to commute anymore for one, number two they have trip and duty pay!!!!

Sorry if this has been asked before, but with the transition to US Air flying are they still planning on keeping the crew base in ORD? If so, how senior is it?

Mtnjam said:
Even with all the time I have in the CRJ they still want me to fly they're computer game simulator.

I think if they knew YOU were interviewing that day, they would have waived it, just for YOU. Your letter of apology from HR will be on the way. Another Ex-PCL 'Expert'. Dork.

Don't let their mins fool you. A couple guys in my class had 1000 TT and about 100 multi. One guy had 800 TT and 300 multi, but he was flying 135 SIC in a EMB-120 I think. One of the RAA guys had 400 TT, 25 multi and a CRJ type.

PHL, DCA, and ORF will be their bases as they transition to US Air only flying. That's certain to change in the future though...

~wheelsup

wheelsup said:
Don't let their mins fool you. A couple guys in my class had 1000 TT and about 100 multi. One guy had 800 TT and 300 multi, but he was flying 135 SIC in a EMB-120 I think. One of the RAA guys had 400 TT, 25 multi and a CRJ type.

PHL, DCA, and ORF will be their bases as they transition to US Air only flying. That's certain to change in the future though...

~wheelsup
That's true. AWAC can hire you if they want to. Send your stuff in and call once in a while. WC (ex-AWAC)

Latest resources

Back