• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran gives 3 year old the boot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Im looking forward to all you coksmooches actually having kids, and controlling them at the exact moment they need to be controlled. WOW, what a bunch of smacktards.

Some of you guys are full of crap.

I have kids. They sit down. Even as toddlers. They don't sit down, they get a warning. They get a 2nd warning. They get a light pop and a 3rd warning. Then they get their butt taken to the bathroom and spanked. End of discussion.

Takes 2 minutes to do all of the above.

What we have here, I guarand*mntee you, is a set of parents who don't believe in physical discipline.

Spare the rod indeed... You don't have to abuse your child (smack them across the face or beat them literally black and blue) in order to discipline.

Toddlers don't understand logic or psychological threats of taking toys away, etc. They understand spankings, and positive reinforcement for good behavior. Period.

Good for the crew, and I'm GLAD it's being publicized; lets other parents know that sh*t won't be tolerated. Control your children or don't have any.

Great post, Lear.

It reminded me of a time at a restaurant not too long ago. I youngish couple were having dinner, and they had a little girl, maybe 6-7. She was perfectly behaved, well groomed, ate her food, sat straight up in her chair, nary a peep.

All the people on the other side of me could do is sit and speculate (loudyly) how the couple must drug their child. Their own kids were screeching at the top of their lungs.

Nu

I had a mother and her 3 year old son removed from a flight a few years back.

The kid was totally out of control, wouldn't stay seated and was screaming louder than I knew a child could.

We gave her 5 mins at the end of the runway in MKE to settle the kid down and she wouldn't do what was necessary to keep the kid seated.

Back to the gate and off they went to a round of applause from the pax.

Im looking forward to all you coksmooches actually having kids, and controlling them at the exact moment they need to be controlled. WOW, what a bunch of smacktards.
I already do homeboy and I make sure that I live up to my responsibilities as a dad. My kids act up at times and when they do they are dealt with appropriately. I've been around the block a few times son so spare me the lecture.

I had a mother and her 3 year old son removed from a flight a few years back.

The kid was totally out of control, wouldn't stay seated and was screaming louder than I knew a child could.

We gave her 5 mins at the end of the runway in MKE to settle the kid down and she wouldn't do what was necessary to keep the kid seated.

Back to the gate and off they went to a round of applause from the pax.

Had almost the identical thing happen about three Thanksgivings ago, the Monday before Thanksgiving actually.

Taxiing out in CLT, the call bell rings and FA advised I had a kid fleeing his Mom in the cabin and he was eluding her successfully to that point. I stopped the aircraft and told the FA to advise me when they were seated.

It is relevent to mention that this women was traveling with a total of three kids. The seating arrangement she had selected was, Mom on right side of aisle, three kids on left. Now I raised three kids, when one is acting nuts, that was the last way any parent with a brain would sit.

Anyway, a rather frazzled FA called back to advise me all parties were in their seats. Just as we prepared to take the runway, another call bell.

The kid was loose again ! When my cabin crew frantically told this idiot Mom that she had to get in her seat that we were taking off, this idiot Mom wheeled around and told my crew to "GO DO THEIR F'ing JOB AND SHE'D DO HERS."

I told my crew to inform her that the Capt says that Mom's job is to control her kid, otherwise I'd take them back to the terminal and let them off.

Her response? She told the entire aircraft that "THERE IS NO F'ing WAY SHE'S GETTING OFF THIS AIRPLANE".

That did it. I told tower, already aware I was dealing with something in the cabin, I needed to return to the gate. Was asked if I needed priority handling, and I replied no. Someone in an aircraft behind me chimes in "OH, TAKE THE PRIORITY". Tower thinks I've changed my mind and tells aircraft on short final to "GO AROUND !!!!!!!"

I'm getting pretty pissed by now. Had family removed at the gate to wild applause. Personally apologized to those remaining on board in full view of the passengers and received an ovation of my own.

My crew received three unsolicited FULL PAGE statements from passengers stating what they witnessed.

So............

1) Bravo to the Air Tran crew !!!!

2) My youngest kid, a son, is 20 years old and is 6'-2". If I want him to sit down, I can seat him. It would keep my very busy, would probably injure me, but he would sit. This lady couldn't control a 3 year old.

3) If your kid runs the show, DRIVE !!!!!

An aggressive move for Midwest and now this, looks like we aren't "under the radar" anymore. I read the article and it sounds like the right thing happened whether the parents understand it or not. Little Susy or Bobby is having a grumpy moment on the plane, and after a brief consolement sits for 10 minutes in the seat. After 10 mins (maybe he/she missed their nap, with travel time intruding on their normal schedule), and unbuckles the seatbelt during takeoff. This would be bad if the aircraft had to high speed abort. I understand that these things rarley happen in day to day ops, but don't we get paid to think of these things, even if it means the passenger takes a later flight? They got their money back, and I am assuming they rode a different carrier home. If not they got some free tickets for their kid having a fit. Thats better than your kid having a fit and you get nothing now isn't it.

They should've received a great big bag full o' nothing..

Latest resources

Back