Air Tran gives 3 year old the boot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Some of you guys are full of crap.

I have kids. They sit down. Even as toddlers. They don't sit down, they get a warning. They get a 2nd warning. They get a light pop and a 3rd warning. Then they get their butt taken to the bathroom and spanked. End of discussion.

Takes 2 minutes to do all of the above.

What we have here, I guarand*mntee you, is a set of parents who don't believe in physical discipline.

Spare the rod indeed... You don't have to abuse your child (smack them across the face or beat them literally black and blue) in order to discipline.

Toddlers don't understand logic or psychological threats of taking toys away, etc. They understand spankings, and positive reinforcement for good behavior. Period.

Good for the crew, and I'm GLAD it's being publicized; lets other parents know that sh*t won't be tolerated. Control your children or don't have any.

If the kid in this case was an infant it would be one thing but 3 too old to play that I cant control her/him game. Some parents just suck at what they do. Too many years of that liberal psychobabble time-out s$$t has led to a steady decline in society. Not all liberals are bad parents but it's the "enlightened" group who tend to push the new style of parenting. I'm a loving and fun father of 3, ages 3-6 and I can honestly say that my kids have never had a f$$kin time out. Ok I'm done ranting, kudos to the crew.

I've been stuck in coach in the middle seat of a wide body next to:

2) Between the two fatties that did nothing but eat and talk and wouldn't sit next to each other because they were too huge.

My $.02.....Baja.

That's why you should come fly Midwest more often, the worst will happen you will be sitting next to a fatty, but not in between two fatties. :)

did I say that outloud, oh ...Lord I apologize........

:) :)

Some of you guys are full of crap.

I have kids. They sit down. Even as toddlers. They don't sit down, they get a warning. They get a 2nd warning. They get a light pop and a 3rd warning. Then they get their butt taken to the bathroom and spanked. End of discussion.

Takes 2 minutes to do all of the above.

What we have here, I guarand*mntee you, is a set of parents who don't believe in physical discipline.

Spare the rod indeed... You don't have to abuse your child (smack them across the face or beat them literally black and blue) in order to discipline.

Toddlers don't understand logic or psychological threats of taking toys away, etc. They understand spankings, and positive reinforcement for good behavior. Period.

Good for the crew, and I'm GLAD it's being publicized; lets other parents know that sh*t won't be tolerated. Control your children or don't have any.

I'm glad there's other people that think like me. What ever happened to old fashioned parenting? Too many people these days raise their kids in front of a TV set and spend almost zero quality time with their kids. They then feel guilty about it and try to make up for it by trying to be their friend instead of a parent. When my 2 1/2 year old gets on a plane, he shakes hands with the flight crew and says "yes please" and "thank you" when the FA brings him apple juice. Its not rocket science, but if your children respect you, they will behave.

Kudos for AirTran. The kid was out of control, hitting other passengers, in addition to screaming.

No reason why 100 others should be delayed, screamed at, or hit. ... and there is the safety angle. If the kid gets up, parent chases kid, parent falls - Captain gets violated. AirTran has some history in this area. It does not matter how a passenger got hurt, it is our responsibility to keep them safe.

This past summer in JFK I was in the process of having a mother and her two children removed from one of our flights for the exact same reasons in the Airtran situation. The three year old would not sit in her seat and was screaming at a volumn that was deafening. This went on for 15 minutes while we tried to resolve the situation. I have a child and have never seen anything like it before. The FA said besides the FARs, he could not and would not work in that environment. It was either the kid gets off or none of us go anywhere. While waiting for the supervisor to arrive the child calmed down. We taxied out and got to 10000 feet as fast as possible. Seat belt sign off and the kid went right into the Mom's lap and was quite the rest of the flight. I had no idea this could have led to national press coverage.

I had no idea this could have led to national press coverage.
Only in America.

In every other civilized country on the planet, the kid would have received the discipline she required, and that would have been the end of it.

This country is FAR too indulgent. There HAS to be limits on what people do in the name of "freedom", namely when it infringes on someone else's right to simply exist and not be molested or accosted by someone else's kid.

Parents who want to be their 3 year olds friend, wind up with a 15 year old that has ADD. My brother has 4 kids, 6 months 3-5-8 years. They can some how manage to travel? Its called being a parent not a friend.

Latest resources

Back