• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air Tran gives 3 year old the boot

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I already said that was the reason they were booted off. So, no I am NOT WRONG.

Why were they already 15 minutes late? It doesnt say it was because of the child.

Everyone else was barking about the "noise" problem on this thread, and that is not why they were booted off.

I agree with you but thanks for being so contentious about it!!

Last edited:
"The father said his family would never fly AirTran again"

Yea, not until the next time he wants to fly to see Grandma in Florida....
See you next year Mr. Kulesza.

Sounds just like my father-in-law.

"I'm never flying Delta again! They were late for weather, but the weather was fine!"

3 months later....

"I had a terrible flight -- I'm never flying Delta again!"

...and repeat. He sorts by price and buys the cheapest ticket, even if a nonstop to his destination is only a few bucks more. Nothing annoys him more than when I reply, "That's what you said last time."

Being a parent of a 2.5 year old and another one due in April I can relate. I also grew up as a nonreving kid since birth and my parents taught me the way to behave on an airplane. BUT, being a parent I can also relate to those who are trying to deal with their children. If the child is acting out for attention then spank away and get the child back into reality. If we are talking about an infant who can't be reasoned with and is crying because of pain (ear, food, or ??) then it's NOT the fault of the parents. I for one would ask to get off if my child was acting out and I couldn't control him/her. But for a passenger to expect to have a perfect flight coast to coast is asking too much. I've been stuck in coach in the middle seat of a wide body next to:

1) The guy with Terets that kept smacking me in the head once I'd fall asleep. (Went back to the cockpit and sat it out for the remaining 5 hours.)

2) Between the two fatties that did nothing but eat and talk and wouldn't sit next to each other because they were too huge.

3) Between any number of kids of any age range.

4) The moron who knows how to fix the aviation world and has to let me know his thoughts.

5) The scared old lady that wants 5 hours of ground instruction for free to calm her nerves.

6).......The list goes on and on as I'm sure it does for most of us.

So bottom line - get over it. Kids have rights to. Be a good parent and instruct your kids of appropriate behavior before getting to the airport and do the best you can.

As for you non-reving complainers - I'll listen to your rant the day you buy a ticket....Until then, sit down, buckel up, and shut up - you're riding for FREE!!!

My $.02.....Baja.

How are the parents or the child infringing on your rights? were does it say on your ticket or anywere else that you have the "right" to quiet time anyway?

It's a general expectation in a public place.

Are you suggesting that it's entirely appropriate for me to sit in my seat and blow a compressed-air horn for the entire flight?

How about your kid banging his silverware on the table at a nice restaurant, which his six-month-old brother screams his head off for twenty minutes? I witnessed exactly that at The Melting Pot on New Year's Eve. Totally inappropriate, just as it would be in an airplane.

Being a parent of a 2.5 year old and another one due in April I can relate. I also grew up as a nonreving kid since birth and my parents taught me the way to behave on an airplane. BUT, being a parent I can also relate to those who are trying to deal with their children. If the child is acting out for attention then spank away and get the child back into reality. If we are talking about an infant who can't be reasoned with and is crying because of pain (ear, food, or ??) then it's NOT the fault of the parents. I for one would ask to get off if my child was acting out and I couldn't control him/her. But for a passenger to expect to have a perfect flight coast to coast is asking too much. I've been stuck in coach in the middle seat of a wide body next to:

1) The guy with Terets that kept smacking me in the head once I'd fall asleep. (Went back to the cockpit and sat it out for the remaining 5 hours.)

2) Between the two fatties that did nothing but eat and talk and wouldn't sit next to each other because they were too huge.

3) Between any number of kids of any age range.

4) The moron who knows how to fix the aviation world and has to let me know his thoughts.

5) The scared old lady that wants 5 hours of ground instruction for free to calm her nerves.

6).......The list goes on and on as I'm sure it does for most of us.

So bottom line - get over it. Kids have rights to. Be a good parent and instruct your kids of appropriate behavior before getting to the airport and do the best you can.

As for you non-reving complainers - I'll listen to your rant the day you buy a ticket....Until then, sit down, buckel up, and shut up - you're riding for FREE!!!

My $.02.....Baja.

Finally a post from someone that makes sense. Again, when my wife flies with our kid next week, I can only hope she doesn't sit next to anyone remotely connected with the airline biz. Hopefully it'll be the little old lady going to see her own grandkids and not the offline commuter who hates the entire traveling public.

I'm normally traveling on a full-fare, last-minute, expensive ticket.

Back when I was non-revving, my airline had a strict policy that children under 8 weren't permitted in first class at all. That's a hint...

I already said that was the reason they were booted off. So, no I am NOT WRONG.

Why were they already 15 minutes late? It doesnt say it was because of the child.

Everyone else was barking about the "noise" problem on this thread, and that is not why they were booted off.

I agree with you but thanks for being so contentious about it!!

I had pretty much the same problem a few years back on an EMB-120. The kid was throwing a tantrum and screaming so loud ,it actually was drowning out the FA's safety announcements. Called my MOD and was told to remove the family if the parents were unable to gain controll of the child. With a verball warning to the parents (who begged us not to remove them),the kid was controlled and off we went. (They were taking the brat to Disneyland of course!).

And BTW when did we allow the rights of a 3 yr old to become more important than the rest of civilized society?

And BTW when did we allow the rights of a 3 yr old to become more important than the rest of civilized society?

I think you just hit the root of the problem.

The day parents started trying to be their kids' best friends instead of their parents, we were all doomed to suffer the consequences.

This seems especially appropriate right now:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BScc2dFpJg (safe for work)

A little duct tape would solve the problem.......

Latest resources

Back