• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France Flight Missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Gonna make a guess, if that aircraft went down in the Atlantic, the US Navy knows or will know the approximate location within a couple of days. With the vast SOSUS network in the Atlantic, if a large enough section of the aircraft hit the water, they should be able to triangulate a location where it went in. I've read the depth out there can be up to 3 miles!

May they rest in peace!!

I am sure no matter what, the entire flight crew did all they could to save it!!!!!!!!! At least give them and their families that much! I am sure that the CREW did not ask to die!

Lightning damages electrical equipment...heavy turbulence damages airframes.

Heavy thunderstorms produce both.

They had electrical problems and loss of cabin pressure.

Two pilots made horrible decisions to fly into HEAVY thunderstorms.

Chaulk another crash up to "pilot error." We're never gonna reverse this damn trend.

Feel bad for all those people that died because of a stupid decision.

Lightning damages electrical equipment...heavy turbulence damages airframes.

Heavy thunderstorms produce both.

They had electrical problems and loss of cabin pressure.

Two pilots made horrible decisions to fly into HEAVY thunderstorms.

Chaulk another crash up to "pilot error." We're never gonna reverse this damn trend.

Feel bad for all those people that died because of a stupid decision.

that post alone ought to create another 10 pages.

that post alone ought to create another 10 pages.

Well, regardless of how many people here or anywhere like to praise pilots NO MATTER WHAT.....pilot error is the leading cause of air crashes. Its the topic that should be the most talked about and the most focus should be put on the subject. What is it up to now, like 88% pilot error for crashes.

I know why they flew into that thunderstorm....but I'm not gonna talk about that, because that will cause 10 pages of crap.

Air crashes will never reach zero, but its not getting better for some reasons, its getting worse when it comes to pilot error. Its over looked and not talked about so we don't hurt peoples feelings.

Last edited:
Well, regardless of how many people here or anywhere like to praise pilots NO MATTER WHAT.....pilot error is the leading cause of air crashes. Its the topic that should be the most talked about and the most focus should be put on the subject. What is it up to now, like 88% pilot error for crashes.

I know why they flew into that thunderstorm....but I'm not gonna talk about that, because that will cause 10 pages of crap.

Air crashes will never reach zero, but its not getting better for some reasons, its getting worse when it comes to pilot error. Its over looked and not talked about so we don't hurt peoples feelings.

Since you know it all no need for an investigation, it's already pilot error. What if they had an inflight fire?

Since you know it all no need for an investigation, it's already pilot error. What if they had an inflight fire?

They would have made at least one radio call for that. You'll see, they'll find a debris field tomorrow. Catastrophic failure.

They would have made at least one radio call for that. You'll see, they'll find a debris field tomorrow. Catastrophic failure.

With The HF radio? Doesn't work that well, that why position report across the pond ( On AF anyway ) are automatic, a satellite track and report the plane location every hour. A fire in flight would lead to bus failure and depressurization very quickly.

How can you be so sure of the cause there Fly91? I heard on the news on the way in to work about 8 hours after the disappearance that the authorities have ruled out sabotage already-and they still haven't found the plane! So many conclusions without even a bit of the aircraft found.

Last edited:

Oh please do, I am sure we would love to hear why and I am sure the French NTSB would love your assistance?

Latest resources

Back