• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Air France Flight Missing

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Even more pathetic that your 34 and still an FO on a RJ. That career plan sounds like its working out well for ya. Karma.....aint it a b%#ch!!!

RIP to all involved and their families

He probly started later in life and changed careers.... you would think he would be more mature than to say such stupid stuff about an accident where hundreds of people died.

He probly started later in life and changed careers.... you would think he would be more mature than to say such stupid stuff about an accident where hundreds of people died.

Lookin4better...actually this idiot (flyIlikeBoys)has made showing this type of childish and ignorant behavior his daily routine.

The above is quoted from an AP article of two hours ago. What interested me was mention of the "automatic" message. I have no idea what the timeline mentioned is based upon (previous position reports, deviation request, etc), but does the A-330 or any 'bus or other modern type have some sort of last gasp data transmission with loss of major systems, something that doesn't require crew input? If so, it seems like a pretty good idea. Or is this an author taking a little journalistic license with the use of the word "automatic"?

Godspeed to all involved.[/QUOTE]

FOQWA data can be uplinked via a satelite system. The FOQWA system can/is specific to the operator. However I would guess that Air France has tailored their software to automatically transmit all ECAMs. Considering they do more over waters in a month than many carriers combined do in a year.... they likely transmit dozens of parameters a flight hour to the frogs back in Paris.

Last edited:
The rat's always deploy here on Flightinfo.com.

Most late model aircraft-(mid 80's up) the RAT or ADG (air driven gen) automatically deploy when it senses either a complete loss of electrical, hydraulics, or engines and in some case all of the above. There was a problem several years ago with a particular regional airline who shall remain nameless that had several of the mx pins installed in several CRJ's and what was worse they flew around like that for several weeks without anyone noticing mx crews or pilots on walk-arounds!!!

I have no idea what Airbus does as far a RAT or ADG but I do know to fly ETOPS they have to have a backup to the 2 engines and APU to legally fly.

Most late model aircraft-(mid 80's up) the RAT or ADG (air driven gen) automatically deploy when it senses either a complete loss of electrical, hydraulics, or engines and in some case all of the above. There was a problem several years ago with a particular regional airline who shall remain nameless that had several of the mx pins installed in several CRJ's and what was worse they flew around like that for several weeks without anyone noticing mx crews or pilots on walk-arounds!!!

I have no idea what Airbus does as far a RAT or ADG but I do know to fly ETOPS they have to have a backup to the 2 engines and APU to legally fly.
I think 727GM was being facetious...

Could be wrong.

I was at an unnamed regional and after a heavy check a circuit breaker in the avionics bay was later found to be pulled. It was the one that connected the rat power to the emergency bus thank god that it was never needed. Who knows how many flights that aircraft flew like that. God bless the Air France crew and pax.

The A330 ATSU needs AC1 BUS as its power source so if they got an ACARS downlink it would seem to indicate that at least AC1 was powered hence it could mean that at the time the message was downlinked, the electrical system was not as degraded as it would be, for e.g., in an EMER ELEC CONFIG.

The One Thing

I am sure no matter what, the entire flight crew did all they could to save it!!!!!!!!! At least give them and their families that much! I am sure that the CREW did not ask to die!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back