• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 will cause FURLOUGHS and DOWNGRADES

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Rez: you have no SA. I don't support USAPA.

Good. If USAPA is successful in thier efforts it will take even longer for you and I to protect our careers. That is the real danger of USAPA. Their divisiveness will hurt everyone...including themselves...

What planet are you from? Seriously? It sounds like you think we should champion the needs Chinese and South American pilots as an answer to globalization. Is that right?

Acutally it is. For if we do not help the Chinese and SA pilots and all others with a lower standard, then thier standard will be the world standard, not ours.

It is not a difficult concept. That is the challenge of globalization.... Not just for pilots but for workers worldwide. You know how the chinese live in factory dormitories... Do you think those who control the distibution of wealth want to pay workers chinese or American wages?

In fact where is all the work going? Is it staying here in America or going to China? Why? cause they build better and safer toys?

We need to take care of pilot jobs here, no where else.

Wrong... and I will tell you why.. keep reading..

And we will accomplish that by leveling the playing field with an answer to health care and shoring up our retirement needs.

All the while, the Chinese, South Americans, etc.. will offer pilot services cheaper than you and I. If you forget and don't care about the Chinese and South Americans, they why should they care about you when they undercut you.

What is to stop powerful lobbyist for CorpAmerica to say to the gov't.. we can't get pilots in the US. We have to hire overseas... and you the US Gov't are going to issue residents permits and work permits for Chinese and South Americans.. other wise the US airline industry shuts down. You think the gov't is going to listen to ALPA with its 14% member particaption in its PAC?

Gee millions of dollars via CorpAmerica vs. 100,000 of dollars via ALPA. Money talks bullshat walks...

This could be done if ALPA would pattern what the UAW is doing (health care) and if we could achieve a railroad like retirement plan. But, ALPA won't do that.

I'll put the burden on you. tell me... why won't ALPA do that... and why should they???

When I contact them I have to talk to someone like you who can pretty well describe the problem, but has NO answers! NONE!

So you think ALPA should pattern after another industry. How do you know that you are right? I am not saying you are wrong. But what are your ideas? What are the details?

You think pragmatism is the answer, ALPA thinks it's the answer, you're both wrong. Truth: Retirement age doesn't really matter in other ICAO countries. It never did, on either side of the equation. And it shouldn't matter here, but the senior A-holes made it matter.

Ok... now ...is it the ALPA or the senior guys? You are confusing me... help me understand.

They took it half way and engineered a band-aid on medical standards just to help themselves.

Who is "they"? ALPA or the senior guys?

What you don't realize is that ALPA National thinks you and I are young and spoiled and they are happy we want to make sweeping changes and help the whole world.

It keeps us busy while they take for themselves. Now the difference between me and you? YOU are going to end up just like them!

Sorry.. it is not sweeping changes and helping the whole world. It is fundamental to our survival.

You seem to be focused on YOU. And you do this by creating a them vs. me ideal in your mind. It will be our demise and it is elementry to us "being our own worse enemy"

You want to be understood, yet you are unwilling to understand...

When ALPA doesn act and get results that you think should be gotten, suddenly its ALPA's fault. It has nothing to do with reality, the globalization, etc... It is just easier for you to blame ALPA. Perhaps its because you don't pay dues to reality. Or you don't have a phone number to Globalization. Maybe if you did you could call them...

You'll be delighted to lick the boot kicking the shat out of you!

You are younger than me, with your immature name calling.

Cause you've got NO answers! NONE!

Wrong. I do have answers. It's called education, particaption, unity, patience, etc... This isn't difficult, it has been done before: MLKjr and Ghandi. Why is it no one wants to do this???

The wrong answers are guys like you that want to fight within. You become one issue orientated. You can't disagree on one issue then work together on another issue.

I defy you to come up with a working plan for raising the standard of living for Chinese pilots like I suspect you think should be done!!

How about the effort to help the chinese with the implemenation with RVSM in thier airspace?

You want to do that?? Then make our own working reality better... That's how you'll help everyone.

We make our own working reality better by helping others make thiers better... if we don't then they will drag us down....

Your reply?

Maybe you didn't read my post..... I said in 10 years.

Compared to whom? The Euro's? What about the SA and Africans? Chinese? How much does a pilot in Cuba make?

These pilots are the threat to our profession in NA in the next ten years.

Thats the funniest thing I think I've ever heard. Africans and Cubans are going to be taking all the flying jobs. If that is ALPA's big concern for the next 10 years I'm glad they are not getting 2% from me anymore.

Thats the funniest thing I think I've ever heard. Africans and Cubans are going to be taking all the flying jobs. If that is ALPA's big concern for the next 10 years I'm glad they are not getting 2% from me anymore.

When commercial marine freighters cross the Atlantic and Pacific are American saliors and Officers acting as crew?

Being crew on an American transoceanic merchant ship was a common and well paid career. Esecially as an officer, like a Capt.

How many are there now? Ships and crew?

It's the ALPA cheerleaders deflecting the issue away from their failures....."Let's create a new problem to get the pilot's minds off of our previous and current failures"......

Besides if they were serious about it they would have opposed the MPL......rather than trying to "work with it".......

When commercial marine freighters cross the Atlantic and Pacific are American saliors and Officers acting as crew?

Being crew on an American transoceanic merchant ship was a common and well paid career. Esecially as an officer, like a Capt.

How many are there now? Ships and crew?

.....actually this is more a result of shipping lines not home porting ships here due to our excessive regulation and tax burdens.....The law of unintended consequences strikes again....

.....actually this is more a result of shipping lines not home porting ships here due to our excessive regulation and tax burdens.....The law of unintended consequences strikes again....

and that won't happen to us....

cheap foreign pilots flying most if not all widebodies transoceanic into the US on MPLs....

all thats left is narrow body flying domestically for US pilots...

and that won't happen to us....

cheap foreign pilots flying most if not all widebodies transoceanic into the US on MPLs....

all thats left is narrow body flying domestically for US pilots...

....they are separate issues....

....It is an issue of overregulation and taxes.....We can't control what happens outside of our borders....That is why ships fly flags of convenience...to get around taxes and regulation...Maybe we should lower the tax and regulatory burdain on shipping lines to attract more home ports here.....

The labor issue is a different issue and is valid whether or not I am worried about being replaced by a pilot from India or by an ALPA member who attended the Mesa Pilot Development program.....The later is far more likely at this point...When we solve that problem then we can talk about what might happen later.......

....they are separate issues....

Does it matter if they yield the same results?

....It is an issue of overregulation and taxes.....We can't control what happens outside of our borders....That is why ships fly flags of convenience...to get around taxes and regulation...

And our case this is why companies will go to foreign cheap labor. The same reason Levis' jeans and Masterlock went overseas.

Maybe we should lower the tax and regulatory burdain on shipping lines to attract more home ports here.....

Gee Joe... how do we do that?

The labor issue is a different issue and is valid whether or not I am worried about being replaced by a pilot from India or by an ALPA member who attended the Mesa Pilot Development program.....The later is far more likely at this point...When we solve that problem then we can talk about what might happen later.......

That is like defering the cargo fire to address the medical emergency....

Latest resources

Back