• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 will cause FURLOUGHS and DOWNGRADES

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Does it matter if they yield the same results?

Different problems, different causes, and different solutions...

Rez O. Lewshun said:
And our case this is why companies will go to foreign cheap labor. The same reason Levis' jeans and Masterlock went overseas.

US airlines don't go to foreign countries for cheaper labor.....they find it right here....many wearing ALPA pins with ALPA pom-poms in their hands.....CMR, ALG, CCAir, ACA, and AirWilly were replaced by card carrying union members from this country.....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
Gee Joe... how do we do that?

Not by endorsing Hillary or Obama....they haven't met a tax or a regulation they didn't like.....

Rez O. Lewshun said:
That is like defering the cargo fire to address the medical emergency....

You have it backwards......you want to worry about a possible medical emergency down the road while you have a cargo fire....I'm going to worry about the cargo fire....If it isn't put out or if the plane is put on the ground quickly....the rest of the problems are moot......Nice analogy....just backwards.....

Different problems, different causes, and different solutions..

Same results: lost pilot jobs.

US airlines don't go to foreign countries for cheaper labor.....

not yet....

they find it right here....many wearing ALPA pins with ALPA pom-poms in their hands.....CMR, ALG, CCAir, ACA, and AirWilly were replaced by card carrying union members from this country.....

And of course that is ALPA's fault.

I've been furloughed twice butterfingers and I don't blame my fellow pilot. Only guys like you can hate your own....

Fights out there... but you like to fight here.

Not by endorsing Hillary or Obama....they haven't met a tax or a regulation they didn't like.....

Another RALP... you're a pig voting for Jimmy Dean...

You have it backwards......you want to worry about a possible medical emergency down the road while you have a cargo fire....I'm going to worry about the cargo fire....If it isn't put out or if the plane is put on the ground quickly....the rest of the problems are moot......Nice analogy....just backwards.....

Opps that is correct... your version of right is better than mine. thus, you only care about you... lest I forget who I am dealing with...

We can solve your problems and mine... if you want to Joey.... do you?

Rez you obviously have zero understanding of aviation on a global level. The worldwide demand for pilots is huge much more so than in the US. Other countries beg americans to fly for them because they have no pilots of their own. You think this will change in 10 years?
Give me an example of what could possible happen to make foreigners flood the US pilot market within 10 years?

Rez you obviously have zero understanding of aviation on a global level. The worldwide demand for pilots is huge much more so than in the US. Other countries beg americans to fly for them because they have no pilots of their own. You think this will change in 10 years?
Give me an example of what could possible happen to make foreigners flood the US pilot market within 10 years?

....there are Indian ATR operators who are begging to hire American pilots.....and here is the kicker....They pay MORE than US ALPA carriers.....Anyone else see the irony.....

So foreign carriers are the problem when they have to come here to get pilots AND they pay MORE than we do....Yet we have to worry about them....

This is nothing more than the ALPA cheerleaders deflecting the issue.....

Today, the demand for pilots allows for US pilots to go to India, Emerits, Cathay, etc... I would imagine cathay will always be looking for non Chinese/HK pilots.... that is unique... finding local talent in HK might be tough...

However,... do you see management raising wages to attract local pilots? Do you think management cares if pilots are US natives? Does management in other industries care who picks the lettuce, nails the plywood and cleans the toilet? Does management care if its an American cleaning that toilet?

Don't think you are so valued cause you are a pilot. management does not care who flies the jets. Look at hiring at regionals... has mgmnt raised the bar or lowered it to staff the airline? Do you need 2000 or 200 hours to get hired?

So... in ten years or 15 or 20... whenever the market demands it... management will get labor in the global market place wherever they can....

The justification for foreign labor is the same... if we can't find it here, then look over the boarders... and the DHS will issue the work and resident permits and the economy will move on...

And all the guys that just graduated from ERAU or what have you that spent 100,000 on a commerical license will be paying school loans for a career that no longer exists...

the MPL license is a threat to us US pilots because management will not use it as an ab intio program like the Euro's and Asians do.... management in the west will use it to get guys with SJS to fly...not CRJ's and ERJ's but Airbus and Boeing... and when that pool dries up they will go overseas...

Tell me why I am wrong...

....there are Indian ATR operators who are begging to hire American pilots.....and here is the kicker....They pay MORE than US ALPA carriers.....Anyone else see the irony.....

So foreign carriers are the problem when they have to come here to get pilots AND they pay MORE than we do....Yet we have to worry about them....

This is nothing more than the ALPA cheerleaders deflecting the issue.....

Whats the issue?

And when the non West airlines get thier staffing up to speed, in part to MPL, due to the recent and rapid expansion of the global airline industry, where do you think the excess non west pilots will be ready to work.... and who will be ready to hire them?

That is right Joey... they will be ready to fly your ATR for less.

Who cares if it is a Mesa Pilot or an India pilot....

Who cares if it is a Mesa Pilot or an India pilot....

EXACTLY....and now the threat comes from within.....Can we not deal with the immediate threat first....

Back to that cargo fire analogy.....If I get replaced by a fellow ALPA member I frankly won't give a darn if you get replaced 10 years down the road........

Tell me Rez...why are non-union Indian carriers paying more for ATR pilots than union American carriers?

EXACTLY....and now the threat comes from within.....Can we not deal with the immediate threat first....

Sure how do we do that joe? HOW?
Back to that cargo fire analogy.....If I get replaced by a fellow ALPA member I frankly won't give a darn if you get replaced 10 years down the road........

So widebody pay goes to crap beacuse Xiang and Gupreet Patel and flying the jets... and your pay... stays?

Tell me Rez...why are non-union Indian carriers paying more for ATR pilots than union American carriers?

Not sure Joe... I am not a Global economist... I don't know the sociogeopolitical dynamcis of supply and demand....

Do you?

Your reply?

Rez: You're a legitimate phenomenon. How can so much stupid exist in one person??

Look: Globalization threat to our jobs numero uno is health care. Right now, that is the main reason US pilots would lose flying. The astronomical cost paid by our employers provides an opportunity. If we leverage our own answer to high cost health care with job protections, I'll bet we win!! Pattern the UAW and hustle up ALPA only health care. Do it right, and we've got enough money on a pretty select class of plan participants there will be plenty of options. I don't know how much of the world you've traveled (it sure doesn't sound like much) but, if you take health care out of the equation, it's almost leveled. Seriously, it's a lot worse here in the US than you think.

BTW, I'm fairly clear about who the "theys" are and the senior contingent proclivities. Get your head out of your butt and pay attention. Stop thinking you're Ghandi and try just acting like you've at least finished 3rd grade. You're thesis of cheerleading us all to better is a fairy tale. You've got no real answers!! You're an embarrassment!!

Latest resources

Back