• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Age 65 will cause FURLOUGHS and DOWNGRADES

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Begin with an article in the magazine explaining the RLA. Make the arguement: should it stay inplace or go away? Detail the disparity between actual rail workers and us. Example: rail workers have the RRB, airline workers got the shaft from the ATSB and PBGC.

You seem hung up on how others are doing... for example.. the UAW and the Railworkrs...

Sure it makes for conversation, but where does it end? And if the door is open for us... then what aboutother workers in other industries?

Talking points include: Social Security, job protections, unemployment, retirement and retirement age.

All valid issues for every worker in every industry...

After detailing the RLA in the magazine, enpanel a committee to move the issue forward. Do so now so we can pick the best politcal candidates who share the vision. Then start putting ads in papers.

HOW... do you enpanel a committee. Are you going to call Prater? I don't intend to be sarcastic here... how do you get a committee going?

ALPA [Prater] needs to shelve the Crewpass stuff and get busy with something that will help us all. This does it!

Unfortuantely... your fellow pilots ego at the security line is more important. Pilots want the secusirty issue fixed... yesterday.

(btw, this is too quick a responce, but I'm flying...I'll get back to you Rez.)

All right.... while you're flying... what about the PAC and resolutions?

You seem hung up on how others are doing... for example.. the UAW and the Railworkrs...

Huh?? This coming from the guy who envisions himself Ghandi?? Again Rez: I've been in three labor unions and worked outside this exact industry...that has broadened my worldview a bit...something you should try and do. It is imperative that we start to compare ourselves to other unions! Especially other mature, AFL-CIO groups who've been through dire straits. We're not getting our fair share!!

Look: You want to be the Resolution?? Mr. Hopson avatar with the constant pilot apathy tagline?? Apathy can be a good thing. Start painting a picture of how bad the pilot profession is getting screwed and the apathy will go to work for you. Only two groups are covered by the RLA....When railworkers were affected by the depression, they were handed the RRB. A fat a$$ pension that stands separate of social security and includes disability, unemployment and secondary hiring benefits. The near equivilent happens to the airline business and we all lose nearly everything?? Hold on, if we're covered by the RLA, then we should get no less consideration than other parties under the RLA. And again, there are only two.

I DO want Prater to get involved on this and I expect him to form a committee. We just have to inturrupt his full schedule of aiding the elderly in perpetual need.

HOW!!! man you got good ideas... but are they workable... you haven't shown how it all works!!!

We all have ideas about how things could be better...

Rez...

You mention the Age 65 Rule.... It's old news now. It approved, signed, and in the bag.

Why keep ruminating about old news?

HOW!!! man you got good ideas... but are they workable... you haven't shown how it all works!!!

We all have ideas about how things could be better...

Well, frankly, I could use some help. I think the ALPA types I've talked to thus far don't really want to address the deep blue, big picture problems we've got. They prefer to whistle past the grave yard and, when necessary, steal from their fellow members via age 65. This is one of those cases where being right doesn't help. They stole from their fellow members, they know it, I know it, we all know it...but it doesn't do any good. And I can't help bring it up when I give them actual, actionable info they could act on, but choose not to.

BTW: The "they" I speak of is: NC, my reps, MEC chairs, ALPA National legal, and ALPA legislative affairs.

Here's a for instance rez: When you get close to prater or one of his fartcatchers with RLA info, they remember when the RLA included hiring protections for airline pilots. They remember, because they are the generation that had that taken out! These same aholes who got 65 are the same a$$clowns who couldn't stand the thought of letting PanAm, Braniff, Frontier, etc have hiring preference at their carriers for fear they might get DOH. I'm talking old school UAL and DAL (ALPA elite) who chose to use merger policy to screw others. It's so ingrained in the ALPA culture, I'm not sure it can be changed.

Latest resources

Back