• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

After 5 years, Pinnacle put on ICE.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Mesaba has a good contract-once we merge the lists, there will be a contract in place. Our contract even has in it built in raises if they do not want to amend it. Done deal.

Your post implies that the NMB has done something wrong. I'm not so sure that that's the case.

Let me get this straight. You think the NMB is right and ALPA is wrong...interesting. You also don't believe the PNCL pilot group should work to rule...very interesting.

In 1998, the Democratic NMB parked ASA for the very same reason. The ASA pilot group worked to rule and ASA came back to the table and met 90% of our demands....how was that different?

Let me get this straight. You think the NMB is right and ALPA is wrong...interesting. You also don't believe the PNCL pilot group should work to rule...very interesting.

In 1998, the Democratic NMB parked ASA for the very same reason. The ASA pilot group worked to rule and ASA came back to the table and met 90% of our demands....how was that different?
He's just a sour puss because he's at AirTran now, where pilots are tired of ALPA already. Not to mention, he could possibly flowing through to DAL if he would have stuck around. His biggest dream is to wear a double breasted suit.

Really, really bad idea. Pinnacle management tracks discrepency entries for each pilot and takes note of any trends. If your write-ups spike, then they'll fire you. Not worth it. You're not going to win this one as a lone warrior. You need the support of the NMB. Take the necessary steps to get it. Illegal job actions will do the exact opposite.

Comair was put on ice 3 months before strike. Also, all the people who were fired for writing crap up, got their jobs back plus pay. You will run the airtran pilots into the worst contract ever. You are what is wrong with alpa (alpa does not deserve to be capitalized)

Comair was put on ice 3 months before strike. Also, all the people who were fired for writing crap up, got their jobs back plus pay. You will run the airtran pilots into the worst contract ever. You are what is wrong with alpa (alpa does not deserve to be capitalized)

I had a witty reply to this comment, which I agree with, but I got distracted by your avatar.

If something's broken on the plane.....write it up. If it broke in FSM, it broke in FSM, not on the way back to MEM so you can get Lenny's. If they fire me for doing that, well, I'll have a nice cushy lawsuit for wrongful termination and the FAA on speed dial. Now, if you're making up stuff to write up, I can see them firing you. If you're writing up legit things when and where they break, you're being a professional and doing your job properly.

As far as the MEC drama.....it's all rumor and innuendo unless you were in the room. Someone mentioned that during TA1, SE gave the impression he was for it. Honestly, I never got that impression from the times I talked to him about it. The MEC gave a "netural" recommendation, and he pretty much stuck to that. Listening to tone of voice when he talked about certain section, I could pretty much tell it was gonna be crap before I ever even read the thing. The real tragedy was that it made it to the pilot group. But, with one of the MEC members being on the NC team....well, we knew where that vote was gonna go. We also had too many people that just wanted to see it, and I think curiosity killed the cat in this instance.

Let me get this straight. You think the NMB is right and ALPA is wrong...interesting.

As always, my question to you is "who is ALPA?" Are you talking about ALPA national, or the local MEC? It's rare for the guys in Herndon to get something wrong when talking about how to deal with the NMB. MECs get it wrong quite frequently, though. Is that the case here? I don't know, but it's certainly a possibility.

You also don't believe the PNCL pilot group should work to rule...very interesting.

Depends on what you mean by "work to rule." Do you mean "follow the contract to the letter and don't do them any favors?" If so, then I think that's exactly what they should do. If you mean "intentionally increase your number of write-ups," then no, I don't think they should do that. There is a big difference.

Most releases by the NMB are preceded by a short period of being on ice. Ice is just a step in the process leading to a cooling off period. I expect a PCL release in September.

He's just a sour puss because he's at AirTran now, where pilots are tired of ALPA already. Not to mention, he could possibly flowing through to DAL if he would have stuck around. His biggest dream is to wear a double breasted suit.

LMFAO....His dream is to be the Chairman @ Airtran getting paid 100hr credit + Check Airmen pay, sit at home (dequaled) like our MEC Chairman at 9E. Im done with ALPA.

Latest resources

Back