• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

After 5 years, Pinnacle put on ICE.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Anyone at pinnacle who is unhappy with the state of the contract talks needs to simply grab a discrepency log and make their displeasure known.

It's the only tactic proven to work.

Really, really bad idea. Pinnacle management tracks discrepency entries for each pilot and takes note of any trends. If your write-ups spike, then they'll fire you. Not worth it. You're not going to win this one as a lone warrior. You need the support of the NMB. Take the necessary steps to get it. Illegal job actions will do the exact opposite.

Really, really bad idea. Pinnacle management tracks discrepency entries for each pilot and takes note of any trends. If your write-ups spike, then they'll fire you. Not worth it. You're not going to win this one as a lone warrior. You need the support of the NMB. Take the necessary steps to get it. Illegal job actions will do the exact opposite.
I give you Example A of the scared mentality that has drug these negotiations out for 5+ years. He's still brainwashed even after 3 years gone.

I want to know what a union does, then? If you could explain to me what proactive things a union actually accomplishes... because, to be honest, a union is supposed to protect you through unified action... so no one is the "lone warrior."

What a joke.

*And please don't answer unions have "informational pickets in Duluth." My head might just explode.

Last edited:
I give you Example A of the scared mentality that has drug these negotiations out for 5+ years. He's still brainwashed even after 3 years gone.

I want to know what a union does, then? If you could explain to me what proactive things a union actually accomplishes... because, to be honest, a union is supposed to protect you through unified action... so no one is the "lone warrior."

What a joke.

*And please don't answer unions have "informational pickets in Duluth." My head might just explode.

You are dead on brother! He is ok with bowing down and you want to stand up. Fearful vs Balls. Who will win?

It has nothing to do with being "scared." It's about what will really get you a contract instead of what will make you feel good temporarily.

The job of the union is to get you a fair contract. That won't be accomplished by a few guys writing up windshields in Moline. It will be accomplished by the MEC getting the NMB on their side and proffering the case so you can finally bring this thing to a head. Hopefully the MEC is asking the experienced attorneys in Herndon for advice. That's how this this will actually get finished.

You are dead on brother! He is ok with bowing down and you want to stand up. Fearful vs Balls. Who will win?

All balls and no brains will get you nowhere.

Union guys sound just like - Community Organizers.

And we all see what that Hopey Change got us.

The job of the union is to get you a fair contract. That won't be accomplished by a few guys writing up windshields in Moline. It will be accomplished by the MEC getting the NMB on their side and proffering the case so you can finally bring this thing to a head. Hopefully the MEC is asking the experienced attorneys in Herndon for advice. That's how this this will actually get finished.
It saddens me how much your definition of a "union" has diminished since the origins of the first unions. They were scrappy and initiative....

... your definition makes me think they are all about preserving the status quo.

By the way, a proffer was requested almost 3 years ago. That definitely worked.

Just the fact alone that the laws allow for contract negotiations to drag on for an unlimited period of time is what is inherently wrong here.

Sadly, I agree. There is no benefit to throw yourself on a sword. If you want to throw a MEC member though, now that is a different story;)

Mgmt has the upper hand if you if you attempt illegal job actions, they also have some people on their side that have seen it all. You cannot create anything new that will make them think twice.

The end to this is either the NMB or bending over, one will be painful, the other is painfully long.

A lone warrior is the person who steps outside the contract, the PNCL pilot group has plenty of them that do that every day by "doing all they can do". Unified is no one stepping outside the contract, no matter how inconvenient it would be to their schedule or paycheck. Unification starts with the membership, not with the leadership.

Hopefully the MEC is asking the experienced attorneys in Herndon for advice.

The MEC Chairman threw the 'experienced attorneys' out of the room, he didn't want the MEC to hear the advice

All balls and no brains will get you nowhere

One of the few things you have said that is right. Apparently the PCL MEC doesn't have either of the two.

Latest resources

Back