• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Hiring!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The first new hire class starts tomorrow for 4 KIX 767 F/O's and 2 recalled DC-9 F/O's.
The DC-9 bid for the 10th may remain unfilled, since DHL now plans to park our last 2 DC-8's in December. This will result in 11 surplus pilots.

The first new hire class starts tomorrow for 4 KIX 767 F/O's and 2 recalled DC-9 F/O's.
The DC-9 bid for the 10th may remain unfilled, since DHL now plans to park our last 2 DC-8's in December. This will result in 11 surplus pilots.

I want to make sure I understand, the 4 767 fo's are they going to KIX on First year FO pay or are they going on the second year/ moving/housing/school package?

Thanks

The company reneged on the 2nd yr pay. So new hire pay went from $83703 to $29841...good luck living on that.

Do they still get the moving/housing/school package?

I have a friend who interviewed and what he was told in the interview and the offer is different.

:confused:

As far as that kind of money in KIX, you would have to find a pile of rubble in kobe from the last earthquake in 96 to live in.

The company reneged on the 2nd yr pay. So new hire pay went from $83703 to $29841...good luck living on that.

Is that true? Riding the jumpseat, your boys said the 1224 informed the company that it was outside the confines of the CBA and should not be paying the new hires second year pay.

Impressive,if that is the case. No deals outside of the CBA!!

Impressive,if that is the case. No deals outside of the CBA!!

ABX management can hardly claim to be acting within the confines of the CBA and yet subsequently break those conditions by arbitrarily pulling new pay scales from their rear-end for the Asian domicile. First year pay remains first year pay - totally inadequate though it certainly is.

Per the hotline: Nothing conclusive now until Thursday evening as the company requires additional time to state its defence.

Is that true? Riding the jumpseat, your boys said the 1224 informed the company that it was outside the confines of the CBA and should not be paying the new hires second year pay.

The union has not done anything to prevent them from paying 2nd year pay to new hires. Perhaps the company doesn't want to have that example to be brought up in the court case? Not sure how it would hurt them. It's already clear that they're making up the rules as they go for the KIX domicile. I don't see how them voluntarily paying new-hires more if based in KIX would make it any worse.

Latest resources

Back