• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Hiring!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Is there a DC-9 class date the end of November? Just curious if there is still a possibility for new hires in it if so. I heard elsewhere that there was, but nothing of that in a while.

FWIW, talked to a buddy of mine who recently interviewed and got hired with ABX Air, got a call about a week ago for a B767 Nov 26th class. He was told it was for the Osaka base and that they are now only going to pay newhires at 1st year pay rate (roughly 30K/yr.). Was told next class after this one is not scheduled yet and it may be awhile for the next class. How is anyone supposed to live off 30K/yr in Japan?

They're not! Like the insurance commercial says "If this is how we treat you before you're a customer (insert "employee"), imagine how we'll treat you after you're one."

So was he in the first batch that got interviewed? When was it he actually interviewed, must be one of the first to get a call? Did he hear anything from them before that and did he actually accept the position on a 30k salary and another promise of the living allowance and so forth.. Did he actually take it with promises mixed with broken promises? That would be a hard one.

And people wonder why no one bid the KIX domicile. Side deals and all those promises, good luck, boys!

So was he in the first batch that got interviewed? When was it he actually interviewed, must be one of the first to get a call? Did he hear anything from them before that and did he actually accept the position on a 30k salary and another promise of the living allowance and so forth.. Did he actually take it with promises mixed with broken promises? That would be a hard one.

I believe he interviewed 3-4 weeks ago, not sure exactly I'll have to ask him. He got called last week for the 26th class. Did not take this class (too short notice) opted for the next class (no idea when that will be tho). I don't think many people will take the KIX if you're only gonna get 1st year pay. Almost impossible to do financially. Unless maybe you are single or mommy/daddy are rich and like to give you spending money....

Thanks for the info, I wonder if anybody took it then, maybe they just sayed yes and didn't ask any questions. Maybe they interviewed some flight instructors that have rich parents, no family and really really want to take the fast track to a big jet. Would probably be better for them though to just go buy the time.
Be interesting to see if they found 15 f/o's to fill the slots on the above mentioned terms.

Latest resources

Back