• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

ABX Hiring!?!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I talked with the chief pilot yesterday. He said that they interviewed 24 pilots and plan on offering spots to 21 of them pending background checks, etc. they will be offering KIX domicile and "hope" to have a class in late Nov. They need 15 F/O's for KIX, so I think some of these pilots may be offered ILN DC-9 seats.

how many you think are actually going to go to KIX? they'll need to interview 50 to get 15 to go...maybe more.

Did any of you folks that already interviewed with ABX get a request for a new NDR form to be filled in and notarized? Have any of your current employee training records been requested by ABX? Just trying to figure out where they are in the hiring/background process.
Thanks

So I guess I'll answer my own question :) PRIA has been sent to current employer. Things are progressing nicely.

Think long and hard about coming to ABX. Take a look at the headlines this morning where ABX says DHL is defaulting on the ACMI. Joe has definitely decided to play hard-ball.

Received PRIA duplicate by FAA. So I guess that's where they are in the process. Anyone else? How about the NDR?

Think long and hard about coming to ABX. Take a look at the headlines this morning where ABX says DHL is defaulting on the ACMI. Joe has definitely decided to play hard-ball.
With respect to that statement, I freely admit to not knowing too much or enough about the situation between DHL and ABX. I have submitted my app to ABX as I live in Northern Cincinnati. How is this all going to shake out? Is it anybody's guess at this point? Thanks, and sorry if this comes across as a dumb question.

My understanding of the dispute is that DHL suddenly changed the way it is calculating the 10% of revenue threshold. Up until this point it was 10% of all revenue from DHL. They are now excluding what they (DHL) pays for fuel from the "Revenue" figure which obviously lowers the 10% * Revenue figure quite a bit. It is only with this new definition of "Revenue" that ABX non-DHL business exceeds the 10% threshold.

Unless there is something that I haven't heard, I don't understand how DHL can think that it can change the formula from the contract without first getting ABX to agree to the change. That's the whole point of having a contract, isn't it?

Latest resources

Back