• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

AA's Priorities

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
so an Eagle CA with a flowthrough number representing higher seniority than a nAAtive flowback will be recalled before them?

If his senority number is higher, than absolutely. Will that happen? I doubt it.

If his senority number is higher, than absolutely. Will that happen? I doubt it.

This doesn't even make sense. How can you possibly recall an Eagle guy who as never lost his job due to furlough, never missed a paycheck, never even worked for AA, before a pilot that is on the street?

That's kind of like me saying, "ALL 2700 pilots that were furloughed from AA should flowback to Eagle, and furlough all the Eagle guys that are junior."

Doesn't make sense does it? Show me your fulough letter and I will demand your recall.

Nope, d!ckhead, I'm not picking up any "OT with 3000 on the street", considering I'm furloughed from AA.

However, before I was furloughed in 2004, I made the choice not to pick up open time above my scheduled line (I did trip trade). I am currently on a military reserve mission with a current AA pilot. He picks up open time. I do not begrudge him for that. Should AA pilots not have picked up open time for five years? Not picking up open time was my choice from 2001-03. I didn't think it was right at the time, but I had the reserves to fall back on, and really didn't want to fly extra time for AA.

As far as Eagle guys, save me the union brotherhood BS. Would you feel bad for the TWA bubbas you would leapfrog on the AA seniority list, one that you've never worked a day on? Do you feel bad about all the former AA routes AE flies, contributing to the further furlough of AA (and former TWA) pilots, thereby further delaying your own flowthrough to AA? You AE guys mystify me. You cheer when AE takes from AA, but you're too stupid to realize AMR just cut your throat.

Excellent post, start to finish.

Nope, d!ckhead, I'm not picking up any "OT with 3000 on the street", considering I'm furloughed from AA.

However, before I was furloughed in 2004, I made the choice not to pick up open time above my scheduled line (I did trip trade). I am currently on a military reserve mission with a current AA pilot. He picks up open time. I do not begrudge him for that. Should AA pilots not have picked up open time for five years? Not picking up open time was my choice from 2001-03. I didn't think it was right at the time, but I had the reserves to fall back on, and really didn't want to fly extra time for AA.

As far as Eagle guys, save me the union brotherhood BS. Would you feel bad for the TWA bubbas you would leapfrog on the AA seniority list, one that you've never worked a day on? Do you feel bad about all the former AA routes AE flies, contributing to the further furlough of AA (and former TWA) pilots, thereby further delaying your own flowthrough to AA? You AE guys mystify me. You cheer when AE takes from AA, but you're too stupid to realize AMR just cut your throat.[/quo
Can we put this in every crew lounge at eagle, awsome post dude.

This OZ/TWA stuff needs to be put to rest. The OZ did, indeed, get screwed by a combination of Icahn and an arrogant TWA MEC. Nobody here needs to feel offended because those guys were long retired before the AA buyout. I've heard it said that the TWA mentality in the '80s was similar to AA in the '00s. ALPA Merger policy was not allowed to be followed. OZ got DOH but it wasn't a good deal for them. Yes, OZ signed the deal because they felt coerced by Icahn who was threatening to furlough all of them. The TWA MEC in 2001 felt similarly coerced to sign away our merger clauses by a judge who said he'd abrogate our entire contract to allow the sale to close.

Does any of this matter today? No. ALPA Merger policy was of course not followed in TWA/AA so no matter what anyone says it can't be called "fair" because the process was entirely run by the APA. Whether an arbitrator would've ruled differently is anyone's guess.

You are a stand up man. Thanks for the post, and the others I have read of yours. You have a lot of integrity. Sorry for your treatment here, I hope things work out for you in the intergration over there.

regards,

AA

TWAdude is NOT a stand up guy. He molests small animals and dresses in women's clothing on layovers.

No, wait, that's me. Never mind. ;) TC

As far as Eagle guys, save me the union brotherhood BS. Would you feel bad for the TWA bubbas you would leapfrog on the AA seniority list, one that you've never worked a day on? Do you feel bad about all the former AA routes AE flies, contributing to the further furlough of AA (and former TWA) pilots, thereby further delaying your own flowthrough to AA? You AE guys mystify me. You cheer when AE takes from AA, but you're too stupid to realize AMR just cut your throat.

well d!ckhead (how original) i didn't vote on a contract that ALLOWED AE to fly those routes. picking up OT is being a whore plain and simple with people on the street.

i'm simply saying it's not all about seniority at AMR, nonsense. ask any TWA pilot if its about seniority. ask the TWA flight attendants. i've had TWA pilots tell me the reduction in domestic flying at AA is a conspiracy against them (not an eagle thing) since it would reduce their CA slots in STL.

i do not cheer when AE takes AA routes away, you are lumping issues together (if you think so please provide an example). when you get recalled walk around with your dorky scope badge backer, do not smile at others, and blame eagle for all the ills of society further proving the nAAzi stereotype.

aa73, RN at eagle wishes you well pisano.

aa73, RN at eagle wishes you well pisano.

Hey, how's the Paesan doing! Tell him "ciao" for me.

Look, both of you, this is nonsense to be arguing about stuff that's out of our control. When I talked about seniority, I was only referring to recalls - meaning, recalls of furloughed pilots go in seniority order. Punto y basta! As far as who stole who's flying, it's out of our control. Last time I checked, we both have chickens on our tails, let's all get along now. "ciao",

This doesn't even make sense. How can you possibly recall an Eagle guy who as never lost his job due to furlough, never missed a paycheck, never even worked for AA, before a pilot that is on the street?

That's kind of like me saying, "ALL 2700 pilots that were furloughed from AA should flowback to Eagle, and furlough all the Eagle guys that are junior."

Doesn't make sense does it? Show me your fulough letter and I will demand your recall.

I misunderstood his question. I thought he meant a Eagle pilot who has already crossed over. If he hasn't crossed over then he needs to wait until all furloughees are recalled then he can come over. Does that make more sense for you?

Don't worry APA made sure all TWA pilots couldn't flow back!

I put my furlough letter, along with anything from APA, in the trash.

Last edited:
Hey PK Ober. Thanks again for the great time!!! Tonight on the van ride from the airport I talked to some AA guys. They were out of ORD and were assigned to cover flying in STL/SLT because THEY ARE SHORT PILOTS!!!!

Recall?

Latest resources

Back